A new source for A. gigas (AGBs)

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
Hello all! So, I am very pleased to report that I made a recent acquisition of 4 big, beautiful African Blacks! I've provided a picture below to show you how big, how beautiful, and how they are definitely AGBs (note the mahogany banding between the segments). So, while it certainly not impossible to acquire AGBs anymore, what is unheard of is to pick ones this size up for less than $50! Madness, you say? Not so, says I. This is totally legit, as shown by the official APHIS warning that came in the package (pictured below). But wait! It gets even better! I requested that <edit> send me two male/female pairs and, astonishingly, they did! So, just to recap, you can buy sexed AGBs for <edit>. Just follow the link I've posted below and happy hunting!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
Yup. I just set up the order with <edit> and they shipped them directly to me. Really good shipping too; overnight and with some really nice packing and a individual container for each 'pede. I spoke directly to a <edit> representative, both via email and by phone and that's how I requested that they send males and females. The rep was very nice and didn't have any problem with putting in a request for sexed pairs to their Live Animal Department or whatever its called along with my order.

wastedwoodsman

Arachnosquire
Yup. I just set up the order with <edit> and they shipped them directly to me. Really good shipping too; overnight and with some really nice packing and a individual container for each 'pede. I spoke directly to a<edit> representative, both via email and by phone and that's how I requested that they send males and females. The rep was very nice and didn't have any problem with putting in a request for sexed pairs to their Live Animal Department or whatever its called along with my order.
Very nice! iGuess people better step in quickly and buy them before they no longer offer them XD

darkfyre

Arachnopeon
Why is everyone not simultaneously exploding with joy? This is a historic day! I frantically bought one, fearing it would be out of stock if I did not.

darkfyre

Arachnopeon
Mine arrived today, and It's a female! It's legs are so prickly when you try to handle it. I guess my hands were shaking or moving too much, because she was about to secrete on me. However, just as I was preparing for the onslaught, she decided not to. She's currently eating, and hasn't interacted with my thai yet.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Under "ordering information" it says USDA permits are required, so they're not enforcing that? If not I'll have to give this some thought. Buying a couple hundred dollars worth of bugs that could randomly die is a toughie

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
As far as my experience goes, they never once asked me if I had a USDA permit. I will say that these are big, healthy 'pedes (at least the ones I got) so I think the chances of them randomly dying are fairly low (AGBs are also known to be pretty hardy, just hard to get to breed). Also, the VWR rep that I interacted with told me to let them know if any of the AGBs were dead on arrival, so there might be some sort of live arrival guarantee.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Mod note

As you may have noticed, some text has been edited in these posts. Just a reminder:

-Discussion of seller/price outside the classifieds is not allowed. PM, please.
-Discussion of any circumventing of the law, regulations, etc. is verboten. Again, PM these sorts of discussions if you must. AB can not be responsible for your actions for obvious reasons.
-Word to the wise...virtually any digital discussion of the exotic animal trade is likely to be monitored.

Thanks, John

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
My apologies, zonbonzovi. The only reason I didn't put this thread in the classified was because I'm wasn't the actual seller, so I didn't know if that's where it should have gone. Thank you for the edits and filling me on the rules of operation. I appreciate it. I'll make sure to follow those in the future. I don't think any laws are being circumvented here though, as the AGBs in question are freely available to anyone to find and purchase from the supplier and the supplier provides legal documentation with the purchase. Still, its good to know that for future reference. So, I guess if anyone is interested in knowing more about where to get the AGBs, you can PM me.

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks for understanding ;)

As far as circumvention just be careful of misrepresentation of who you are/credentials which I believe makes the permit questionable/void. I thought I had read that someone was passing themself off as a teacher but now I don't see it. Faulty memory.

Carry on :)

CrawlinChaos

Arachnosquire
Nope. Nobody ever asked if I was a teacher, lol. Kind of strange really, considering the source. But, money is money and I'm sure their happy to make a sale. I wonder more about where the provider is getting the AGBs....

SDCPs

Arachnolord
This is actually an old source for these animals. They were $30 a year or two ago...after the ban. Then Ward's Scientific went out of stock. Glad there are more!! Thanks for posting!!!