Now i am a criminal

louise f

Arachnoangel
New rules in Denmark kills the hobby. !!

My history is that i bought some G.roseas in Poland. But the danish customs took my package.
Because new rules say that there need to be animal health care papers on each spider. ( done by a veterinaerian doctor in the country they come from ) in this case Poland.

So now my spiders are in the danish zoo.

The pet doctors i talked to have never heard of this before and cannot do the papers for me. they say they cant do a health check on spiders. Thats physical impossible.

The danish vetenaerians said to me today if i cant get the papers have i broken the law. and then they will kill my spiders. :eek: That is not in my opinion Animal health care !!!!

on the other hand, i would really love to see them examinate a big fat OBT :biggrin: I would pay a lot to see this.:laugh:

They also say that this rules will soon be in all EU countries. But i dont know if it is true or not.

Well so now i am a criminal.

P.s:

If they kill nice and healthy spiders, it should be them called criminals. Not me.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
There are those who would like to see similar laws enacted in the states, I think. That's why some argue strenuously against people taking risks with spiders beyond their experience levels. Any way to make the keeping of non-mainstream animals will be exercised if certain factions have their way.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Oh wow, wonder what the Germans will have to say about this, those EU one nation Nazi laws sure are a problem.

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
I would suggest taking legal actions or calling a animal cruelty center in america. Not exactly familiar with the danish import law, but that is REALLY stupid because
in the world would someone HEATH EXAMINE a tarantula???
That sucks

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I would suggest taking legal actions or calling a animal cruelty center in america. Not exactly familiar with the danish import law, but that is REALLY stupid because
in the world would someone HEATH EXAMINE a tarantula???
That sucks
Right, call America with your problem. We Americans love policing the world.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Right, call America with your problem. We Americans love policing the world.
Didn't you notice our coinage no longer says e pluribus unum? It was replaced by warheads on forehead's..

To the op.. That really sucks send emails and make phone calls to the agency's involved ..have all of your friends do the same...

Last edited:

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
America's cruelty prevention for animals is one that most people are familiar with. But if there is a cruelty prevention in Denmark, all the better. I was unfamiliar of any
organizations except in America. You can also try a lawsuit. That is bout all you can do.
s

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We aren't the world police, I'm sick of hearing that we have to deal with everyone else's problems. Deal with your own problems.... we have major issues of are own. We need to take care of are own problems before some country across the world. The middle class can only be raped before we're all poor except the 1%.

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
America sells Raid and Hotshot for killings spiders and scorpions. We also have one of the most cruel large scale factory farming systems going. We allow cat declawing.

I just don't think Americans have a leg to stand on re: animal cruelty.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, I got carried away. It's all true. I would die for my country, especially if we were invaded. We've lost too many good soldiers and spent way too much money on two wars we did nothing for. Actually we made things worse. I'm just sick and tired of this country bailing everyone out, when this country is starting to fall into pieces.

Last edited:

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
America's cruelty prevention for animals is one that most people are familiar with. But if there is a cruelty prevention in Denmark, all the better. I was unfamiliar of any
organizations except in America. You can also try a lawsuit. That is bout all you can do.
s
the *last* thing you want to do when having an issue with pet law is contact a group with an anti pet mission. Especially exotic pets. PETA, HSUS, ASPCA - each of these groups would love to see all pets outlawed, and they'd be fully supportive of this law.

---------- Post added 03-20-2015 at 12:56 PM ----------

During WW2 you basically lost 1-2000 men and gained so much power... I wouldnt say you lost too much compared to other countries.
I'm willing to bet he meant the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and *not* WWII.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Could be. Its sad that people are dying, good people by that, but its just how it is. Sadly...
Could be. Actually, I have studied in depth the Russian war in Afghanistan -- it was their Vietnam. Got half a book shelf on it -- fascinating study.
But getting back to WWII, I was absolutely astounded at even the modest figures of lives lost in USSR -- easily 20 million + depending on the study. Shocking.

Ellen -- a bit of a Russophile and Britophile

louise f

Arachnoangel
One of the big problems with this new rules is. that my son have some stick insects, if he wants to sell one of them to (example) a german he need the papers.
A stick insect use to cost 2€ but the papers on the stick insect cost around 80€
i wont believe that anyone would be interested in stick insects from denmark or spiders for that matter. Not with this high prices.
I think that this law will create an illegal market here in denmark, with high prices on inverts.

If anyone of you are interested in seeing the rules i can sent them by email.