Identification please

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
Is this an H. arizonensis, or an H. spadix? Thank you, I'm confused as I was sold an H. arizonensis and was told by a few folks it's really an H. spadix. I only want to keep and care for it properly

ha2015.jpg

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Looks like arizonensis to me. Spadix is REALLY dark in coloration and yours looks like the typical chocolate color

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
Looks like arizonensis to me. Spadix is REALLY dark in coloration and yours looks like the typical chocolate color
Brilliant! Thank you. I thought the same, but, as I am relatively new keeping any desert species I wasn't sure. I did look at some photos to help see the differences and did reach the same conclusion. Thanks again for the affirmation.

Kelly

---------- Post added 03-22-2015 at 09:42 PM ----------

P.S.

They really are lovely aren't they? Mine was labeled as "female". i haven't yet been able to think of a name for her. I feel terrible she is living in a large KK until her permanent home is completed. It's taking so long to dry, but, I'd rather wait and do it properly than not. It's an X large keeper with enough room for two small hides with reptisand in it (she's shown in it n the photo) but still, nothing like room to roam :)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
identification should never be done by body color when it comes to scorpions, especially this genus.

Hadrurus can be reliably ID'd to species by examining the intraocular crescent.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
identification should never be done by body color when it comes to scorpions, especially this genus.

Hadrurus can be reliably ID'd to species by examining the intraocular crescent.
Yes indeed you're right but I was going by what I could see in picture
I know the coloration of all hadrurus goes from 1 extreme to the other

Where did your buy your "lady" hadrurus at ? Hopefully a reputable dealer who ID'd it properly