I'm back.....kind of

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I'm close to getting back on feet, I had to move (sell my Ts in the process) so many times within the last two years.

This time I'm going to take it easy on the buying addiction lol, I'm going to start with some communal baby H incei and get those started and eventually hopefully get sack.

If I decide not to get back into Ts I'm definitely going back into snakes and getting me one or two jungle carpets or two Brazilian rainbow boas.

For now everything is just ideas not really sure what I want to do in the far future.

I'm just going to do more research on H incei care to refresh my memory.

In the last 3 years has there been any NEW communal Ts added to the hobby that's not crazy expensive?

awiec

Arachnoprince
I'm close to getting back on feet, I had to move (sell my Ts in the process) so many times within the last two years.

This time I'm going to take it easy on the buying addiction lol, I'm going to start with some communal baby H incei and get those started and eventually hopefully get sack.

If I decide not to get back into Ts I'm definitely going back into snakes and getting me one or two jungle carpets or two Brazilian rainbow boas.

For now everything is just ideas not really sure what I want to do in the far future.

I'm just going to do more research on H incei care to refresh my memory.

In the last 3 years has there been any NEW communal Ts added to the hobby that's not crazy expensive?
There is a newish psalmo that is apparently tolerant of each other but they aren't cheap. H.incei are your best bet though there is H.villosella which have mixed reviews for a communal setup. I think dwarf/small T's would be good to go with, they take up little space, most grow fast and majority are in demand so you can make them pay for themselves.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
There is a newish psalmo that is apparently tolerant of each other but they aren't cheap. H.incei are your best bet though there is H.villosella which have mixed reviews for a communal setup. I think dwarf/small T's would be good to go with, they take up little space, most grow fast and majority are in demand so you can make them pay for themselves.
Thank you, can you post a photo of the newish psalmo?

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not really new anymore but Monocentropus balfouri are communal and a lot less expensive than 3 years ago.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Ok I'm definitely back now thanks all for the replies. I have decided to try to keep my animals to a minimum but we'll see how that works out. If I can I'm going to try to keep it under 20 (paid for) meaning I'm going to try to have mostly communal ones and let them breed (for example *H.incei) then just take it from there. I already have my heart set on Harpactira pulchripes but that's going to take me like a month to get lol

DVMT

Arachnosquire
I recommended this species to someone else for other reasons yesterday, but P. vittata (formerly pederseni) are probably one of the least expensive communal species you can get going, if you are okay with poecs.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Being gone for a while, I'm not sure how good I'd be with speedy Ts and Pokies in the same sentence lol....What's the venom like? I don't know much about this species.

Last edited:

DVMT

Arachnosquire
It's pokie venom, so it ain't pretty if you get tagged. If you don't think you are ready for them, I wouldn't do it then.

Damon

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
On the way next week:

Brazilian Rainbow boas 1.1 (a few weeks after these I have another female coming)

Ts I'm thinking about :

Ischnocolinae sp. Dominican Republic

pelinobius muticus

Linothele megatheloides

T strimi female

I just need more info from anyone who knows about the first one and the third one those are new to me, my google search didn't find too much please and thank you.

I'm also looking for a T blondi female...

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
The Linothele is a Diplaurid, not a tarantula. I kept mine on the humid side and the same as any other terrestrial T. Keep in mind that these guys web like Chilobrachys, and that there are hardly any bite reports on them (I've only heard 5th person accounts and the like). I'd be careful since they used to be in the same family as Atrax. I'm not sure about the Dominican, but I'd keep it humid and give it enough dirt to burrow if it wants.

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Fro the record, Chad said that he was left with only one of 4 or 5 he had housed together. They're probably not as "tolerant" as suspected :D Plus, enclosure size plays a role in this, too. Should be mentioned these are dwarfs in the genus, btw. ~2.5" is usual size, around 2.75" at the most.