concrete

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
hey folks,
I just got a shipment of exo-terras in for my arboreal t's.
I have a box of the concrete fake stones like you use to make a fireplace in your home.
I would like to use one or two in either a P.cambridgei enclosure or A. metallica enclosure.
from owning birds in the past I know there was an issue with the concrete perches they sale getting wet and burning a birds feet.
Does anyone use these fake stones or know of any evidence either way on if it is safe for T's or not?

Also the screen tops, how much of an issue is the T's chewing through it?

Thanks in advance

You know what im just not going to risk it, it would look cool but after researching concrete in general, and all the health risks they are finding with it, I see no reason why a T that spends 24-7 in contact with it would be safe.

Last edited:

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
hey folks,
I just got a shipment of exo-terras in for my arboreal t's.
I have a box of the concrete fake stones like you use to make a fireplace in your home.
I would like to use one or two in either a P.cambridgei enclosure or A. metallica enclosure.
from owning birds in the past I know there was an issue with the concrete perches they sale getting wet and burning a birds feet.
Does anyone use these fake stones or know of any evidence either way on if it is safe for T's or not?

Also the screen tops, how much of an issue is the T's chewing through it?

Thanks in advance

You know what im just not going to risk it, it would look cool but after researching concrete in general, and all the health risks they are finding with it, I see no reason why a T that spends 24-7 in contact with it would be safe.
You could coat the concrete ina sealant, but like you said. Better safe than sorry.