Software/app for Tarantula data keeping

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
Hey all, what do you for data keeping with you T's? Do you use an app or software? I know there is an app for Android users but what about IOS? Some people mentioned jail-breaking their phones and then doing some techie stuff to be able to download android apps. I am nowhere near tech savvy to pull that off, unless some could show me how.

I am looking at setting up an excel file with each T having a tab, with information in each column. I plan on putting in formulas to display number of days since last molt, since last feed, etc etc. If someone already has a good system it would be great to see it!

Last edited:

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
So after some searching there is an app for iOS called snakekeeper. You really have to work with it, it can be kinda frustrating because there is stuff missing. But it works for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobey

Arachnoknight
I thought it was both. My mistake.

---------- Post added 03-26-2015 at 01:54 PM ----------

Somebody get on that!
That's a fantastic app

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
I have looked into software design for iOS but I am not very tech savvy so it may take a while for me to learn it. Don't expect anything anytime soon, that's for sure. I am currently using arachnorecord which works great, just would be nice to have a phone version

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
What do you feel compelled to keep records of? There's not that many big events in a spider's life.

aggiegrad2012

Arachnopeon
I just like the organization of it. I want to do a few breeding projects here and there, it would nice to compare molt dates and maturation speeds, time from insertion to sac lay. Why wouldn't you want to track that kind of stuff?