A few Aussies

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
First up my Pre-molt Phlogius Goliath "giant form" still a young girl, roughly 1.7-8 months old and a shade under 5 inches
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7425.JPG
IMG_7428.JPG
IMG_7431.jpg

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
And last photo of my Phlogius Goliath, a little hands on with the "give me food" puppy dog face.
HD Giant form Goliath 2.jpg

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Am I the only one that thinks Australian tarantulas are odd? I mean....Australia has some pretty odd looking animals that are all sorts of colors. Of all the places, you'd think they'd have some crazy looking tarantulas too! Just crazy to me that of all the possible outcomes, only these 'bland' ones survived to mate. (Which is pretty amazing still! It is cool how nature picks what survives)

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Am I the only one that thinks Australian tarantulas are odd? I mean....Australia has some pretty odd looking animals that are all sorts of colors. Of all the places, you'd think they'd have some crazy looking tarantulas too! Just crazy to me that of all the possible outcomes, only these 'bland' ones survived to mate. (Which is pretty amazing still! It is cool how nature picks what survives)
I have seen lots of colored ones like electric blue etc, they just don't make it to the hobby for some reason.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Take some pics! I would love to see them, would be a nice 'change of pace' from what is usually seen!

(I am not saying they are ugly though, I think they are really pretty actually!)

DVMT

Arachnosquire
They all look so velvety and have real saturation in the colors. Very beautiful! I get where Biollantefan54 is coming from. With all the crazy stuff in Australia you would figure they would have some "pokie like" species or stuff with some crazy patterns. Now, they do have that little bugger that flips over and stridulates like crazy. Which species was that, Jey?

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, they still look awesome! There is that one that sounds just like a rattlesnake too.

awiec

Arachnoprince
That silver one is very nice, I know there are 2-3 species in the states but I can't justify getting some currently due to financial constraints.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
That tan/orange one is incredible. I would love a Pholgius sp. Goliath or Crassipes. I think they have one of the most beautiful deep brown tones I have ever seen on any of the brown T's. I am holding off on P. Cancerides in hopes of getting one of those beautiful brown Phlogius species as my premier brown spider(alongside my P. Muticus).

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
whooaaa. That looks really AWESOME. too bad they are not in the hobby. Even if they were, they would be REALLY expensive.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I know there are 2-3 species in the states but I can't justify getting some currently due to financial constraints.
Actually there's 6 Phlogius in the US and several Selenotypus, all courtesy of the noble efforts of Steve Nunn.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Actually there's 6 Phlogius in the US and several Selenotypus, all courtesy of the noble efforts of Steve Nunn.
I was aware of Mr.Nunn and his constant work, I haven't gone spider shopping in a while so last time I check sellers list there were 3 I recall seeing, but all the better for when I do decide to get some

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I was aware of Mr.Nunn and his constant work, I haven't gone spider shopping in a while so last time I check sellers list there were 3 I recall seeing, but all the better for when I do decide to get some
Steve exported youngsters to a few countries on two or three occasions; the Phlogius have been maturing and have been bred, and the US born slings are what you see dealers with now. Selenotypus are slower growing and I haven't seen any slings for sale (yet). Without Steve, none of those would have happened. I'm very excited that we have Aussies in the US. There's more great Australian species I hope will be exported too.

The Phlogius here are: Stents, Eunice, Black Pressley, Goliath, PQ113, and crassipes.