No more blue!!!

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
My wife and her %$#@& blue tarantulas are driving me nuts! theres her P.metallicas, Singapore blues, green bottle blues, Peruvian flame rump, her versicolor sling that is bright blue for now and now I just learned that her cool looking
A. geroldi sling will grow up to be bright blue like the versicolor baby! then she wants bluefangs, blue femurs, cobalt blues etc.....what is this a smurf colony?

if I see one more blue spider I'm spray painting it red!

then she wants just about anything that is black and white.

I swear this woman has no taste! (obvious by her willingness to marry me)

what about red,yellow,green or orange T's? ooh and pitch black like my pulchras....black goes with everything. we need more black in the T room!

rant over. go back to what you were doing.lol

---------- Post added 03-25-2015 at 08:40 PM ----------

oh good lord......she just informed me she is switching to collecting purple T's now. ill be the laughing stock of the neighborhood!! err..more so.

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
Blue tarantulas are awesome.
+1 how interesting, I find that most people find preference on coloration. I personally dont really like solid brown or black but LOVE metallic colors, orange and blue.
(p.s. what "purple" Ts is she looking to find)

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
I don't know she has a list she carries to events and pet stores. I would assume she is looking for any an all purple tarantulas. she is always looking for these ones she decided she must own based on a photograph. shes very shallow. lol

14pokies

Arachnoprince
BlueTs do get old after a while... It took me about 10yrs in the hobby to get burnt on them though...

Most people love them so any breeding she does will probably end lucratively so don't hate on her too much! Lol!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
+1 how interesting, I find that most people find preference on coloration. I personally dont really like solid brown or black but LOVE metallic colors, orange and blue.
I also look at colouration, and am a huge fan of both NW and OW aboreals, I just love the long legs and their foot pads.. not much into NW terrestrials tough, besides ephebopus, maybe G. Pulchra, B. Albo and A. Genic.. otherwise.. meh..

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I saw a cool T the other day. Not sure of the species, but it was blue and black. My friend that was with me said it was white and gold, though...

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I saw a cool T the other day. Not sure of the species, but it was blue and black. My friend that was with me said it was white and gold, though...
I have to disagree Tim.. I saw that T too and it wasn't blue and black at all, nor was it black and gold... it was brown..

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Blue spiders are cool but i find myself drawn to tiger type patterns particularly P. Irminia and Hapalopus sp. Colombia Large. The orange and black contrast is sweet. I also love black and white or gray coloration. I need to lock in some Pokies in the next few years. Everybody is crazy for blue spiders but to me, M Balfouri is the nicest....not too bright and still has earthtones. I would like a P. Metallica when they cost 15-30 bucks as spiderlings too! if i want to spend 150+ per spiderling I am getting another herpstat and maybe a dumerils boa, bredli python, or maybe a couple african bullfrogs.

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
Yes laberts, I adore Arboreal Ts. Psalmos, avics, Tappies and Pokies AMAZING colorations!!!

stanchan

Arachnopeon
actually im digging the blue too, its a rarely seen color on pet trade in comparison to other colors. i came from the ball python world, n even though we hv so many different morphs nowadays, there are yet to be a blue color gene(not counting the blue-eye lucy ofcose). however, for tarantulas there are quite a number of nice blue Ts~ GBB, metallica, m. balfouri...

gobey

Arachnoknight
I just found out blue isn't everything.

I love colors and patterns. And personality too! Good thing because my porteri, parahybana, and albopilosums wouldn't last with their colors.

P. metallica is of course on my list to acquire. Because blue tarantula.

But I was really finally looking at the other pokies. (I have 2 regalis) And most look pretty same-y... Until I saw the blue ttints of some mirandas.

And the colors and patterns on the subfusca... OMG

I'm into patterns and markings more than the actual color anyways. That's why I like baboons. The starburst caracarapaces and the abdomen patterns are awesome.

Heteroscodra maculata may be my favorite tarantula appearance wise.

I'm weary of appearance based appeal. I have a gorgeous OBT... But she's a dirt pile.

My LP is pretty bland colored... But super active and full of personality!

Once I've grown some of these slings, I'll consider prettier Ts.

But I think I'll first end up with a P. muticus. Brown is the new blue right?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
did it make the news yet?

---------- Post added 03-25-2015 at 10:59 PM ----------

I like me some blue Ts yet I own only one and I'm ok with that. There are things that I find more attractive. Like pokies and pterinochilus. Blue is becoming overrated in my book. There's just so many!

gobey

Arachnoknight
did it make the news yet?

---------- Post added 03-25-2015 at 10:59 PM ----------

I like me some blue Ts yet I own only one and I'm ok with that. There are things that I find more attractive. Like pokies and pterinochilus. Blue is becoming overrated in my book. There's just so many!
Luckily they make a blue pokie ;)

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Well, off the top of my head I can think of Avicularia purpurea, Xenesthis immanis males, Tapinauchenius violaceus, Pamphobeteus nigricolor, and some Lampropelma violaceopes look kinda purple based on pics that I've seen.

Not trying to be cheeky, I just have a thing for purple and want to own everything mentioned above eventually. :D

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Blue is "my color." My hair is blue, hence my name. All this blue hate hurts my feelings!