Newbie excitement

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sure this isn't the first or the last "new to true spiders" post. But all I can say is "Wow"! Just got two C. coccineus. So cute and vicious. They are a blur of speed compared to my Ts. The size of crickets they took down is amazing.

This is not looking good. I may be as hooked on true spiders as I am on tarantulas.

/newbie rant

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You'll have fun with those guys. I love mine :) Super quick, especially when something edible is involved.

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are so fast at catching prey. The cricket was snagged before it hit the ground. The size of the cricket compared to them (about equal) and the ferocity and efficiency which these little guys attack is just amazing.

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I can relate to your new addiction. The instant I got my Cupiennius salei I fell in love.
They're really not that picky about the size of prey they take.

And the feeding... Oh yeah! Here's my one-molt-to-mature male taking down a black soldier fly. The slow motion is at 1/4 speed.
[video]http://vid184.photobucket.com/albums/x60/Kumijuna/elikot/salei_vid_zpsmlttaqgk.mp4[/video]

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They really don't care when it comes to food. If they think they can take it (and it seems like they usually can) they will in a heartbeat. Mine typically catch their prey items before they even touch the ground or pounce the instant it touches. They are super sensitive, so I think they pretty much always know what's going on around them.