Heating Advice.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
What's the best way to heat scorpions? I've been keeping mine by my gecko's heat lamp and I've been wanting to get more, but I don't have any space left. I can't use a space heater (parent thinks it's a fire hazard). My average temp is 65-72 during the winter and 78-83 in the summer. Any help would be appreciated.

wastedwoodsman

Arachnosquire
Honestly put them bad boys in a glass tank with a lid with some holes in it and put that tank in front of a window i can promise you they will stay warm all day! I had to move my millipedes away from my window because they were getting cooked! Plus its 100% free and natural heat! just a suggestion though.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Honestly put them bad boys in a glass tank with a lid with some holes in it and put that tank in front of a window i can promise you they will stay warm all day! I had to move my millipedes away from my window because they were getting cooked! Plus its 100% free and natural heat! just a suggestion though.
Wouldn't that kill them?

wastedwoodsman

Arachnosquire
Wouldn't that kill them?
I don't think so if you need warmth you can always add shaded spots for the scorp to hide as long as you make it as close to natural as possible. What temps you looking for? if you need something fairly hot put it by a window. But if not looking for that hot you can always place it a few feet away and it should regulate the temp according to how hot you want it but i think room temp would most likely be fine. what kind of scorpion is it?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I don't think so if you need warmth you can always add shaded spots for the scorp to hide as long as you make it as close to natural as possible. What temps you looking for? if you need something fairly hot put it by a window. But if not looking for that hot you can always place it a few feet away and it should regulate the temp according to how hot you want it but i think room temp would most likely be fine. what kind of scorpion is it?
It's for Babycurus gigas, Centruiodes gracilis, Vaejovis hoffmanni, Paruroctonus boreus (for a little winter heat), and a Hadrurus arizonensis. I haven't bought them yet, just planning.

jaybee42

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure if it's the "best" way, but I use under tank heaters... I have a pair of small Zoo Med under tank heaters on the side of a glass 10G terrarium for my c. sculpturatus. The house is not kept particularly warm, so that seems to keep them comfortable. They like to hang off the hides near the glass on that side when they're idle.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Do not stick a scorpion tank in front of a window for heat (or any other reason). Disaster waiting to happen.

What species are you keeping or planning to keep? That will help define different possibilities for heating.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Do not stick a scorpion tank in front of a window for heat (or any other reason). Disaster waiting to happen.

What species are you keeping or planning to keep? That will help define different possibilities for heating.
Babycurus gigas, Centruiodes gracilis, Vaejovis hoffmanni, Paruroctonus boreus (for a little winter heat), and a Hadrurus arizonensis.