Best Scorpion Resources?

CABIV

Arachnosquire
Hey guys,

I had always wanted a scorpion, and this eventually did lead to me getting into the arachnid hobby, though I ended up starting with tarantulas.

However, my "trial by fire" with tarantulas has taught me the dangers of jumping into something like this unprepared. I went out and picked up the Tarantula Keeper's Guide, and joined forums like this one.

For the past few months, I have been trying to do my homework on scorpions, and about two weeks ago I picked one up, likely a Heterometrus petersii.

One thing I've noticed, is that scorpion care and information is far less than that I can find for a given tarantula. I did purchase the book "Scorpions: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual" published by Barron's, but it did not seem as satisfying, leaving me with just enough knowledge to be plagued by more questions than what I started with.

Are there better books and resources out there? Or is Scorpion keeping something still relatively "new" and thus unpublished?

What books or other resources are your go-to sources for scorpion information and care?

My fear is that as a first time scorpions owner, that I won't be able to tell when something is wrong. This made me crazy when it came to my first tarantula, and I'm sure I caused undue stress to that animal fussing over minor things. At the same time, I don't want to be negligent either.