Found this in my house

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Well, now. That's the weirdest tarantula I ever saw. ;) Sorry, I don't know my scorps well. You'd likely get better results if you posted this further down, in the scorpions forum, rather than in tarantulas.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Well, now. That's the weirdest tarantula I ever saw. ;) Sorry, I don't know my scorps well. You'd likely get better results if you posted this further down, in the scorpions forum, rather than in tarantulas.
I know my bad I was in a hurry , and it had just climbed up my friends pants and scared the crap out of him . I thought he was going to faint while I got a catch cup just across the room lol poor guy . It was hard not to laugh a little , he's a really big guy ! Any way any replies would be great I know there are some T people that keeps scorpions too .

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You do understand that you're asking tarantula people about a scorpion ID, and not likely to get intelligent answers. Try posting this is the right forum.

scott99

Arachnoknight
I don't know kind of Scorpion it is, but judging by the long and skinny pedipalp you probably don't want to get bit it.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Might be an Arizona bark scorpion (Centruroides sculpturatus), and if not, definitely a species within that genus (Centruroides). Give a size? Not normally deadly, but it can give a painful longlasting tingling if it stings you. Also, just because it might not kill you, doesn't mean you shouldn't be cautionary. You never really should make it your objective to be stung or bit by anything, since you don't even know how allergic you might be to the venom until it's too late.

Also, THE DARK KNIGHT, pincers are not always the best indicator for the potency of a species, nor is the tail.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like a Centruroides sculpturatus (Arizona Bark Scorpion) to me.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Thank you so much for the replies . They are in the palm tree in the front yard ( found where they were coming from today )
They are getting taxi rides into the house like , my friends pants ! Yikes ! And my neighbor wants to call an exterminator ! So I have envied her for dinner so we could talk about a better option . I'm not bothered by them but I don't want my dog to get
stung . He can do a 300 foot down stay , but he can't leave a bug alone no matter what's in the way and at 130 lbs it can be
pretty hilarious . He's only a year old . So I agree they have to go but in a safe way and maybe not killing them . Not sure if I could collect them all lol . Thanks again .

Ripa

Arachnobaron
If you're interested, you can always make pets out of at least some of them. They can even live communally, so you can allocate one medium-to-large enclosure to all of them (10 gallon recommended).

TheHonestPirate

Arachnoknight
Thank you so much for the replies . They are in the palm tree in the front yard ( found where they were coming from today )
They are getting taxi rides into the house like , my friends pants ! Yikes ! And my neighbor wants to call an exterminator ! So I have envied her for dinner so we could talk about a better option . I'm not bothered by them but I don't want my dog to get
stung . He can do a 300 foot down stay , but he can't leave a bug alone no matter what's in the way and at 130 lbs it can be
pretty hilarious . He's only a year old . So I agree they have to go but in a safe way and maybe not killing them . Not sure if I could collect them all lol . Thanks again .
Capture them and sell them to people like me! :D

Last edited:

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
I have an empty 10 gallon I could set them up in . A communal scorpion set up would be cool . And TheHonestPirate I let you know when I collect them . Thanks much looks like I will do some scorpion hunting .

jaybee42

Arachnopeon
I'm no expert on ID but they do look like sculpturatus and it's the right region for them. They are pretty low maintenance if you decide to keep them communally. I have 6 in a 10 gallon and they seem to get along well these days - haven't seen any fighting in a couple months now. There was some fighting initially but it settled down (one got cannibalized early on, I had 7 originally). I just toss in a few roaches every now and then and leave them in there, they leave the scorps alone and eventually get eaten...

Also I'm assuming you already know this, but they glow under UV light, so with a UV flashlight you can easily spot these guys at night. Although once they get lit up, they tend to start running about...