Largest scorpion?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Do you mean by length or by weight? I think the length record goes to a species of Hadogenes (I vaguely remember someone saying they had an 8" specimen when the tail was fully extended). Maybe someone can correct me though. I think Pandinus and Heterimetrus are heavier though.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Do you mean by length or by weight? I think the length record goes to a species of Hadogenes (I vaguely remember someone saying they had an 8" specimen when the tail was fully extended). Maybe someone can correct me though. I think Pandinus and Heterimetrus are heavier though.
I think you're talking about H.troglodytes.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
H. troglodytes is the longest. I guess it's widest too since it's so flat.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've got swammerdami going and so far the average swammerdami is bigger that the average P. imperator in the hobby. I'd say the bulkiest and heaviest are imperator and swammerdami, could be a toss-up when finding big ones in the wild. Then there's P. dictator, not much info about that one, just a few pics on the internet.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it's of any interest, I believe the largest Buthid scorpion is Parabuthus villosus, which is also the only diurnal scorpion, from what I've read.

ety32

Arachnosquire
Good, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. Diurnal and huge!

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:D You're welcome. They are awe-inspiring to look at. I would love to have one someday.....maybe?

Of course, the usual caveat applies: P. villosus is pretty potent, has lots of venom, and does the same squirty/ spraying thing that P. trans can do...so eye protection is good. Just FYI!