How many can a male handle?

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
Ok I'm just curious how many females do you guys think one male (about 2.5-3") euathlus sp. red can handle pairing with before he needs to make another sperm web to reload? Any ideas?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Ok I'm just curious how many females do you guys think one male (about 2.5-3") euathlus sp. red can handle pairing with before he needs to make another sperm web to reload? Any ideas?
I'm certainly no authority on the subject and hopefully someone with better or more knowledge than I will weigh in soon but to me, logic dictates he will need to spin a new sperm web after each encounter.

gobey

Arachnoknight
I'm certainly no authority on the subject and hopefully someone with better or more knowledge than I will weigh in soon but to me, logic dictates he will need to spin a new sperm web after each encounter.
I was also under this impression

cold blood

Staff member
I'd wait for a sperm web prior to each pairing. How many it can mate with is directly related to the individuals longevity after maturing and the number of mature females you have available to you.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
I'd wait for a sperm web prior to each pairing. How many it can mate with is directly related to the individuals longevity after maturing and the number of mature females you have available to you.
I have three MF and just want to make sure about best chances of proper insemination each time.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I have three MF and just want to make sure about best chances of proper insemination each time.
Well then let him reload each time, some spiders will discharge all in one load and other species will spread out their discharge between females.

cold blood

Staff member
The biggest thing for you is close supervision, lose that male and you might as well grab your ankles, cause you're......well, you know.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
It's best to give them a few days between pairings so they can refill their emboli.

Graeboe

Arachnoknight
The biggest thing for you is close supervision, lose that male and you might as well grab your ankles, cause you're......well, you know.
Well not to bad off since the females will live a good time longer to find another male but I hear Ya. The girls are being stuffed until they won't accept another cricket before pairing.

cold blood

Staff member
Every time I read the title of this thread I just think....more than you'd think, but not nearly as many as Wilt!