Random Froggie in the window

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
So I caught this little guy on my patio door a couple of days ago. I put him in a 32 oz deli container, just for the night. I caught him at night so wanted to wait till daylight where I could get better light for a photo. He was a pretty calm little fellow, but so cute!! just look at those little bugged out eyes. cutest little face EVER. I also thought his patterning was really nice. Reminiscent of birch bark or some other similar colored tree bark.

Anyways, just sharing. :) He was subsequently released into the azalea bushes out front.

frog 032015.jpg

frog2 032015.jpg

frog3 032015.jpg

frog4 032015.jpg

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Awwww

He is a cutie! I had one for a couple weeks I kept seeing on my back screen door last fall. Drove the cats crazy -- they so wanted him on the inside not outside!
Dunno whatever happened to him -- he just stopped showing up one day. Weather turned cold, I guess.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
lol well isnt he just a little pudger you must thought he was starving seeing that ~1" looking nymph at the bottom XD we get tree frogs over here every now and then.. i used to leave my window open and my bearded dragon had no top on his cage [shy should he it was 3ft high...] and i found 3 frogs in his mouth one day.. needless to say that was the end of me not using my window screen XD but its always fun to see nature on your doorstep XD at least you dont have skinks running loose ;P

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
lol well isnt he just a little pudger you must thought he was starving seeing that ~1" looking nymph at the bottom XD we get tree frogs over here every now and then.. i used to leave my window open and my bearded dragon had no top on his cage [shy should he it was 3ft high...] and i found 3 frogs in his mouth one day.. needless to say that was the end of me not using my window screen XD but its always fun to see nature on your doorstep XD at least you dont have skinks running loose ;P
Oh yes there is lots of three lined skinks around here. Also green anoles, fence lizards and a little arboreal gecko that looks a little like a leopard geck but light pink. I think someone told me their Mediterranean geckos? Cute as pie, really skittish and are my best friends. They eat all the moths off the windows. In a month or two they'll be out in force and I'll put up a few pics of them too. :)

---------- Post added 03-28-2015 at 10:18 PM ----------

Hemidactylus turcicus

http:// https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&client=tablet-android-digiin&hl=en-US&safe=images&oe=utf-8&q=mediterranean+gecko&source=android-browser-suggest&qsubts=1427598960861&devloc=0

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Grey tree frog. Just in case you were curious about the species. The genus should be Hyla, but I'm not too sure about the species.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Yeah tree frogs are pretty prevalent here in swamp country. I figured it was one though I've never seen a gray one before. Although I'm a city girl and not from here lol.

Maybe I'll try to track down exact species just for fun lol. He really was a cute little booger have. I mean just look at that FACE!! Sooo :clown:cute

---------- Post added 03-29-2015 at 02:27 AM ----------

I think its Hyla versicolor

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
You guys and your cool wildlife :\
There's nothing here except flies
If you go a little out if the city there's a bunch of Dolomedes triton and garters. There's also a lot more variation in wood frogs now (found a rust coloured one last year)... Ok fine... It sucks here.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
You guys and your cool wildlife :\
There's nothing here except flies
If you go a little out if the city there's a bunch of Dolomedes triton and garters. There's also a lot more variation in wood frogs now (found a rust coloured one last year)... Ok fine... It sucks here.
Lol yeah I was born and raised in Lethbridge/Calgary area.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah tree frogs are pretty prevalent here in swamp country. I figured it was one though I've never seen a gray one before. Although I'm a city girl and not from here lol.

Maybe I'll try to track down exact species just for fun lol. He really was a cute little booger have. I mean just look at that FACE!! Sooo :clown:cute

---------- Post added 03-29-2015 at 02:27 AM ----------

I think its Hyla versicolor
Maybe...versicolor and chrysoscelis look very much alike, the only difference being versicolor is slightly larger. They also have different calls.

Nice find!