Feeding my GBB sling

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I'm sure there's a thread on this somewhere, but I tried the search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

A few people have mentioned that GBBs are voracious eaters, especially as slings. Mine certainly seems to have borne that out; she took two small crix yesterday and drained 'em fast.

I've seen some folks recommend feeding every three days. If my sling will accept more, though, is there a reason why I shouldn't feed more often? And how many (small) crix would most of you feed in a single day?

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
The amount doesn't really matter, as long as she's not too obese, it won't be a problem. She'll probably just start fasting at some point when she's had too much. Mine still kills, but leave most of the cricket intact when she reaches that point.

cold blood

Staff member
I usually wait 3 days simply to allow them time to digest their last meal.

I wouldn't personally feed a sling more than one prey item per feeding.

Think of it like this, there's only so much food it can take before it triggers a molt, the sooner that "quota" is met, the sooner you get a t in PM refusing food....that's the downfall for me, I like to watch them eat and not so much fast so I try to give enough time to minimize the amount of fasting they do prior to molting. But there shouldn't be any adverse effect with the t going into pm quickly and waiting out a molt.

GG80

Arachnoknight
I usually wait 3 days simply to allow them time to digest their last meal.
+1. I usually feed slings every 4 days for the same reason. If the abdomen looks a bit too chunky then I will feed once a week.

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
Nice, glad to see you really like your GBB appetite. Wish I can say the same for mine tho. :( ate like 3 crikets under my care for 3 monthes. It is very healthy just
wouldn't eat and web. Moves around tho. Abbomen looks fine.