H. Lividum - super small

tbrandt

Arachnosquire
I am going to be getting a couple of H. Lividum slings and have been told they are .25 inches.

Having never kept this species from this early in their life, I am looking for any advice that anyone has about keeping them in the very earliest stages.

The plan was to set them up each in a vial with a couple of inches of substrate with a burrow started about the width of a pencil. Any other advices specific to this species early in life? I will probably have to pick up some flightless fruitflies as the pinhead laterals roaches I have are a quarter inch too...

Thanks.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Make sure sub is moist consistently, meaning wet enough to clump when squeezed, yet no water seeps out. I would put a couple short strands of sphagnum moss as well. Helps attain higher humidity without over dampening sub. Also for ventilation, put eight pin holes on the top around the very sides of the lid to allow for the best possibility off cross ventilation and microclimate, you air will hit the top, and be forced out the sides of the lid instead of going straight up through the top of the lid drying out the vials and also not retaining heat very well. You can feed them pre-killed pinhead crickets as well. It'll fatten them up quick.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Make sure sub is moist consistently, meaning wet enough to clump when squeezed, yet no water seeps out. I would put a couple short strands of sphagnum moss as well. Helps attain higher humidity without over dampening sub. Also for ventilation, put eight pin holes on the top around the very sides of the lid to allow for the best possibility off cross ventilation and microclimate, you air will hit the top, and be forced out the sides of the lid instead of going straight up through the top of the lid drying out the vials and also not retaining heat very well. You can feed them pre-killed pinhead crickets as well. It'll fatten them up quick.
+1 and at that size you can cut up small roaches/crickets and leave a piece or two at the entrance of its burrow it will scavenge..

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
+1 and at that size you can cut up small roaches/crickets and leave a piece or two at the entrance of its burrow it will scavenge..
or mealies, waxies or any kinda worm realy.. my super tiny P. cancerides and T. sp panama both eat mealie halfs :)

awiec

Arachnoprince
This is my method of choice, I don't have to buy extra feeders when I can just grab a small cricket and kill it for them, also fattens them really fast.