I'm looking for a Scolopendra galapagoensis

Facelessbutcher

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

I'm looking for the golden goose like everyone else. Please PM me if anyone has any available for sale or if anyone knows a good lead. Thanks in advance.

Centipede collectors of the same segment stick together ;)

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey,you can order some at tarantulaspiders.com (the site seems to be off for several hours at the moment) or at POLYPED ( polyped.de )

Facelessbutcher

Arachnopeon
Thanks LeFan. Much appreciated. I also noticed tarantulaspiders.com down too. That's what Prompt me to post on here. :/

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have CB galapagoensis. They're 6-7 inches, over two years old, still young with a lot of growing to do.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Are you selling them?I'm a sub on scolopede..I really enjoyed the videos,why did you quit?
Btw,do you stil have some heros and may you sell them?

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
I ordered 5 minutes ago on tarantulaspiders,I took an arizonensis,the castaneiceps are too basic for me xp

---------- Post added 03-30-2015 at 11:29 PM ----------

I wasn't sure for about one day,I didn't know what subspecies to order,but I finally took my dream's pede!
BTW,what humidity should I get for my terrarium?

Ripa

Arachnobaron
I ordered 5 minutes ago on tarantulaspiders,I took an arizonensis,the castaneiceps are too basic for me xp

---------- Post added 03-30-2015 at 11:29 PM ----------

I wasn't sure for about one day,I didn't know what subspecies to order,but I finally took my dream's pede!
BTW,what humidity should I get for my terrarium?
I dunno man. I think the patterning on casteneiceps> arizonensis, but to each their own, I suppose.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are you selling them?I'm a sub on scolopede..I really enjoyed the videos,why did you quit?
Btw,do you stil have some heros and may you sell them?
Quit what, Youtube? I didn't. I had XP on my old computer, Youtube wouldn't let me post anymore, it was VERY annoying, there needs to be more comp in this area. I have a new computer now and haven't tried to post on Youtube yet. I could not reply to any posts for months, haven't tried since I got the new system and computer. Yeah I'm selling the galapagoensis for $150, flat shipping rate of $20, Priority Express. Prop have heros heros plings in a few months, have to see how that goes. Nice to hear you liked some of the vids btw.

Last edited:

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Quit what, Youtube? I didn't. I had XP on my old computer, Youtube wouldn't let me post anymore, it was VERY annoying, there needs to be more comp in this area. I have a new computer now and haven't tried to post on Youtube yet. I could not reply to any posts for months, haven't tried since I got the new system and computer. Yeah I'm selling the galapagoensis for $150, flat shipping rate of $20, Priority Express. Prop have heros heros plings in a few months, have to see how that goes.
I'm guessing you get castaneiceps in your area?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah castaneiceps is the pattern here, amazing coloration imo. It's the common red headed centipede, mutilans(?) there in asia that has the same 'general' pattern that I think subconsciously messes people up. I think a little voice says, "Hey that kind of looks like that common diddly over in Asia so that heros isn't that cool to me...." Might get some babies from those(castaneiceps) too but just so much stuff over here.

Last edited:

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Yeah castaneiceps is the pattern here, amazing coloration imo. It's the common red headed centipede, mutilans(?) there in asia that has the same 'general' pattern that I think subconsciously messes people up. I think a little voice says, "Hey that kind of looks like that common diddly over in Asia so that heros isn't that cool to me...." Might get some babies from those(castaneiceps) too but just so much stuff over here.
In my opinion, heros castaneiceps is the most beautiful pede, as far as coloration goes, although there are some close seconds, such as hardwickei. I think I've wanted one since 3rd grade (or at least that's when centipedes first sparked my interest), when I leased a book from my school library that had one in it (obviously, at the time, I had no idea what the species or subspecies was, nor the binomial name associated with it, besides knowing it was a centipede, but still!)

Tell me if you'd still have them in a month or so (college dorming sucks!). I'd be interesting in buying at least one when the time is forgiving, and it seems heros is hard-ish to come by on the web.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
@Galapoheros :Yes,if you can make some invoices world-wide (I live in Europe) I would be interested too!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry, I don't know how to do that. I think it requires some paper work and fees and I never looked into how to do all that.

sorry for my poor French!

Facelessbutcher

Arachnopeon
To galapoheros: I've sent you an email with some questions and requests. Please let me know as soon as you can. I Would like to complete a transaction if possible. Thanks for the help.