Anyone have an emperor scorp breeding program?

Ricosuave77

Arachnopeon
I was thinking about this recently and became curious if there was anyone that had breeding programs going with these guys. It would be a shame if these wonderful scorpions were to disappear from the hobby for good.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I'm pretty sure there are more emperor keepers/breeders in the US than all other species combined !!!!
No matter how many restrictions they put on importing emps - there's been millions of them here for YEARS and they're here to stay

Ripa

Arachnobaron
I thought quite a number of places literally have "farm raised" specimens- mass produced depending on where you live, no? I know they're on CITES Appendix II as far as WC go, but some places do captive breed them, if I recall correctly.
EDIT- A lot of places, not some

TheHonestPirate

Arachnoknight
I'd like to purchase an emperor, I'm keeping my eye out for some cheap ones, it's hard to find reasonably priced ones.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have some little monsters going, working on breeding stock none for sale atm though.

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
I'd like to purchase an emperor, I'm keeping my eye out for some cheap ones, it's hard to find reasonably priced ones.
I have this pet store near me that has buckets of them and they are 15$ (USD) and they just throw them around like nothing. The bucket is about 8 inches by 4 inches and it has well over 20 scorps

TheHonestPirate

Arachnoknight
I have this pet store near me that has buckets of them and they are 15$ (USD) and they just throw them around like nothing. The bucket is about 8 inches by 4 inches and it has well over 20 scorps
Wow. Thats crazy cheap. I was told that theres a store near me that has them for around 30$ but its an hour away and i havent investigated quite yet

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure they are true Pandinus imperator, or just more unidentified Heterometrus species? Because that's all most people will be seeing.

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
Are you sure they are true Pandinus imperator, or just more unidentified Heterometrus species? Because that's all most people will be seeing.
I am not sure if they are real emperors. They look exactly like them but so do other species. I am willing to bet that they are real emperors