Lividum Out of Burrow

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
My H. Lividum molted two weeks ago. Yesterday I went to feed her but I saw her clinging to the top of the enclosure. So assumed it was the sub being too damp so I let it dry in the sun but she still hadn't gone back into her burrow. Knowing they are an obligate burrower, I can't help but feel concerned. Any advice?

horanjp

Arachnosquire
You should probably post some pictures if you're concerned something is amiss- I have nothing to share other than H. lividium probably don't like being dried out in the sun much....

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
You should probably post some pictures if you're concerned something is amiss- I have nothing to share other than H. lividium probably don't like being dried out in the sun much....
I put the lividum in a different container because when I went to open the lid to drop a cricket in it bolted out. The enclosure was out in the sun not my T xD
I'll get some pics when I can. She currently has webbed up the side of the enclosure and made a little chamber. Is that at all normal?

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I put the lividum in a different container because when I went to open the lid to drop a cricket in it bolted out. The enclosure was out in the sun not my T xD
I'll get some pics when I can. She currently has webbed up the side of the enclosure and made a little chamber. Is that at all normal?
H lividum are tropical asian burrowers, meaning they like nice damp soil and high humidity. If you squeeze it and water comes out, it is too damp though. It should be able to be formed in to a nice snowball like lump. I think what you did may have stressed it out quite a bit, as taking it out of it's home and putting it in an unknown enclosure without a hide. I would have just corralled it back in and left it. It would have returned to the burrow eventually.