I.mira help

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have purchased a 1.25" I.mira and I was just wanting some tips for it :) Since I know they are obligated burrowers was wondering how much substrate I would need for that size as well.

RJ2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine are of similar size and I have them in dram bottles that are 4" tall and 2.5-3" in diameter. substrate 3/4 of the way full. started a burrow against the side so I can see into their burrow. Very cool T's! enjoy.

cold blood

Staff member
I agree, great species. Give them as much sub as the enclosure its in will comfortably allow. Mine finally emerged after being sealed in for the past 35 days, it molted and now may be at or a little better than 2". The feet are really poppin' now!! Love the rest of their markings as well, great carapace and even their rumps are cool.

Great species even if you may go long periods without seeing it much. But after molt, when hungry, mine is actually out a lot. They eat very well, having no issue with even fairly large prey as their surprise attacks are lightning fast and prey probably has no idea what hit them most of the time. If its feet are out, it will eat!

Mine's molted about every 45 days or so, but hasn't gained huge amounts with them.

I really would like to get a bunch more of these and would be one I'd really like to be pairing up. Trap doors are just so cool, arguably even cooler than those bright blue feet!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They'll make a tunnel system in an inch of substrate. You don't need to make it overly deep. Keep the substrate dry and have cross ventilation. A moist cage will kill them.