super worms!

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I go to feed my T's the super worms and before they get a sniff, they borrow into the substrate must be about 3 in each now, would this cause a prob (none of them are in molt)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Zorack said:
I go to feed my T's the super worms and before they get a sniff, they borrow into the substrate must be about 3 in each now, would this cause a prob (none of them are in molt)
Try putting the super worms in a small dish to prevent them from burrowing. I have never used sw's myself so I cannot speak from experience but I do seem to recall reading, possibly more than once, that they can resurface later and eat or chew into your tarantula. I'd probably keep an eye on that until someone can chime in with hard facts on the subject. A forum search may dig up something too.

Take care.
Atrax

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have posted a thread like this a couple of days ago and people told me that it should'nt matter but if you see a beetle walking to just take it out. i don't feed my t's these worms becouse of this, it is anoying. but if i have to the spider have to eat.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I grip the front of them with forceps or tweezers and hold them in front of the T...'cept of course for my T. blondi's...alot of the time, they'll catch them in mid air. You might check your cage one day and find a beetle in there, by the way. :cool:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's why you throw the superworm right in front of the tarantula. Although I must say doing that or feeding directly with the tweezers can be a little tricky with some aboreals. I go through 500 superworms every 4-5 months.

Later,

Jake