LP enclosure tips?

LasidoraGT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So.... my lp is getting big. I have all my ts in critter keepers and plan to give them upgrades as they grow. as far as i know they are all female but that isnt really important.
What sizer tank should i go with for an update? 10? she is probably about as big as my hand, like 5in or so. half grown.
also, i do wanna make it nice and as realistic as possible to ATTEMPT to simulate the SA jungles so any inspiration you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated

shebeen

Arachnobaron
I'm in the same situation. Although my LP is not as large as yours, it probably will be after its next molt. I plan on moving mine to a 10gal tank and eventually to a 20gal long.

scott99

Arachnoknight
you only need a 5 gal they only get 8 inches. jon3800 used a 5 gal for MM T.stirmi .

Roosterbomb

Arachnopeon
If it's your display T you'll want to anchor decorations with aquarium safe silicone or it will be moved lol.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
I get locking 15.5qt tubs from Walmart. they are like $4 a piece are stackable and give terrestrial T's a heck of a lot more room than a 5 gallon aquarium. I love these things. and you can stack 3 in the space of one 5 gallon tank

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not necessarily. A 20 GAL is ridiculously big IMO for an LP, but 5 GAL is still a bit small. A 10 GAL is perfect for an adult LP.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
im going to have to agree with bob.. 5gal is small.. like maybe big enough for a QT tank for a new spider, but not a living area imo. i dont even keep many 5" T's in 5gals.. only 1 is in one and shes about to be moved =\ 20 is a but big for a 8" T but for those of us who want a display, it may be better in ways 10 seems perfect tho unless you have one of those uncommonl 10"-11" T's