Tarantula taxidermy

sassqitch89

Arachnopeon
I've recently done my first T. taxidermy, well it was my first taxidermy of any kind and thought it turned out really well! I'd like to see other peoples tarantula taxidermy projects. Show off your work! 1962638_10152861469045547_4297861215168801852_n.jpg IMG_0894.jpg

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I've recently done my first T. taxidermy, well it was my first taxidermy of any kind and thought it turned out really well! I'd like to see other peoples tarantula taxidermy projects. Show off your work!
Wow, that looks really good!! Great job!!

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I've recently done my first T. taxidermy, well it was my first taxidermy of any kind and thought it turned out really well! I'd like to see other peoples tarantula taxidermy projects. Show off your work!
That looks cool as hell! What is your process?

sassqitch89

Arachnopeon
That looks cool as hell! What is your process?
It's real simple only took me like an hour to prepare the T. First I cut a slit in the underside of the abdomen and pull all of the guts and sludge out of there with tweezers then run qtips through it until mostly dry and free of any large pieces of organs. You wanna make sure you get as much as you can or anything left behind will begin to stink when the finished product is left to dry. After all the remains are pulled out and the inside of the abdomen is as dry as you can get it stuff with cotton to desired size and shape then seal the opening with a gel type of super glue. Once that has dried cut out the middle kinda octagon section out of the underside where all of the legs meet in the middle and save that piece for later. Proceed to pull all the meat out and try to pull as much out from the inners of the first leg segment, but the legs are not a big deal you just want to get most out of the big cavity under the carapace.run qtips through to get most of the moisture out. You can even stuff the cavity with paper towel bits wait acouple minutes and then pull them back out after they have soaked up most of the goo in there. Once pretty clean take some florist wire bend the very tip over so you don't have a sharp edge and work it through the leg cavity All the way into the Tarsus then clip off excess. Once all legs are done fill the body cavity with more cotton and glue the little center piece you saved back on. Then just bend and position the legs in what ever natural position you want(I chose a threat display) and let dry for about a week or two. You might want to pin sone parts as Necessary when drying to ensure no movement. Then just make a cool display for it and you have yourself a nice lil buddy frozen in time!

UrbanTarantulas

Arachnopeon
It's real simple only took me like an hour to prepare the T. First I cut a slit in the underside of the abdomen and pull all of the guts and sludge out of there with tweezers then run qtips through it until mostly dry and free of any large pieces of organs. You wanna make sure you get as much as you can or anything left behind will begin to stink when the finished product is left to dry. After all the remains are pulled out and the inside of the abdomen is as dry as you can get it stuff with cotton to desired size and shape then seal the opening with a gel type of super glue. Once that has dried cut out the middle kinda octagon section out of the underside where all of the legs meet in the middle and save that piece for later. Proceed to pull all the meat out and try to pull as much out from the inners of the first leg segment, but the legs are not a big deal you just want to get most out of the big cavity under the carapace.run qtips through to get most of the moisture out. You can even stuff the cavity with paper towel bits wait acouple minutes and then pull them back out after they have soaked up most of the goo in there. Once pretty clean take some florist wire bend the very tip over so you don't have a sharp edge and work it through the leg cavity All the way into the Tarsus then clip off excess. Once all legs are done fill the body cavity with more cotton and glue the little center piece you saved back on. Then just bend and position the legs in what ever natural position you want(I chose a threat display) and let dry for about a week or two. You might want to pin sone parts as Necessary when drying to ensure no movement. Then just make a cool display for it and you have yourself a nice lil buddy frozen in time!
That is cool... I would like to attempt.... I'm saving all my adults that have died in the freezeer in a zip-loc...