I think my rosea is dead nooo....

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
Guys i was gaming on my pc and i could see that my tarantula was moving and 1 hour later i was like hmm maybe He would want some food. EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL BEFORE. So i go ahead and throw a super worm.. and i poke him and all his body was relaxed.. he wasnt in a death curl and yes his enclosure was humid... idk why he died.... well i still don't know if it is dead but i placed him in a box that is humid with paper towels and stuff. PLEASE HELP

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Guys i was gaming on my pc and i could see that my tarantula was moving and 1 hour later i was like hmm maybe He would want some food. EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL BEFORE. So i go ahead and throw a super worm.. and i poke him and all his body was relaxed.. he wasnt in a death curl and yes his enclosure was humid... idk why he died.... well i still don't know if it is dead but i placed him in a box that is humid with paper towels and stuff. PLEASE HELP
Humidity is a big Nono for this species they need bone dry substrate with a water dish. :( I'm sorry this happened. :(

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
rosea don't like humid cage so put it somewhere dry instead.

A picture would help.

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
I dont get how it survived for 20+ days in a shipping box but did not last 2 weeks in a large enclosure. .

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you Read the two posts that said they don't like humidity and to keep the cage dry? Also you should never poke a tarantula for any reason.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It would also be a good idea to crush the head of the superworm before feeding it to the spider.

cold blood

Staff member
Humidity is a big Nono for this species they need bone dry substrate with a water dish. :( I'm sorry this happened. :(
He's been given this info already. Last week I told him they despised humidity. That said, it probably played no role in the death ultimately.

The t in question was bought as a MM, we warned you that he was on borrowed time. Once a male matures, there's not a whole lot left, and considering you bought him mature, you have no idea how long he's been on that borrowed time. Looks like he matured a decent amount of time before you received him. I'd be ticked at the seller, he pulled a fast one on you for sure....he got $$, you now already have an empty enclosure.

It sucks, but consider that purchase a lesson learned.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you are interested, I put up a thread a while ago on how to preserve and mount a passed tarantula in case you wanted to keep him and frame him instead of burying (or flushing or whatever)...

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
He's been given this info already. Last week I told him they despised humidity. That said, it probably played no role in the death ultimately.

The t in question was bought as a MM, we warned you that he was on borrowed time. Once a male matures, there's not a whole lot left, and considering you bought him mature, you have no idea how long he's been on that borrowed time. Looks like he matured a decent amount of time before you received him. I'd be ticked at the seller, he pulled a fast one on you for sure....he got $$, you now already have an empty enclosure.

Haha we both mentioned these things. But +1, not cool on the seller's part although I think OP wanted a MM unless I made that up in my head lol.

horanjp

Arachnosquire

.................................................endthread

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Sorry for your loss man :(, MMs don't live long after maturing, so next time try to buy a female juvenile or sub-adult..

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone. just came back from school and yep it was dead. Hmm but im confused on how it had like a sudden death, i thought they would first go into death curls and then start dying and all. but yea i preserved it in some alcohol. bye bye Rosie :(

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Thanks everyone. just came back from school and yep it was dead. Hmm but im confused on how it had like a sudden death, i thought they would first go into death curls and then start dying and all. but yea i preserved it in some alcohol. bye bye Rosie :(
Dont be so caught up on it. Those things happen... Theyre a part of the hobby.

los3r

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear that. But hey, now you've got room for another spider!

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear that. But hey, now you've got room for another spider!
The thing is it is really hard for me to get tarantulas in israel. pet stores do not sell them here. so i would basically need to order it online. Any Recommendations?

los3r

Arachnosquire
No idea who sells out there, but a.Chalcodes and b. smithi are good choices.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Sorry for your loss StuffedOrange :)

It happens often in our hobby especially with old MM's (borrowed time) but good for breeding with M,Females.

That said now you know more about what could have resulted in its death and there's plenty of info on almost every T in the hobby on this site, you are in a good place for help with another T/T's in future..I'd say try getting a Lasiodora Parahybana for your next adventure they grow large and easy care/husbandry terms.