Angry... But cute

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
The Luggage, my GBB sling, normally is a shrinking violet, but I think she's headed into premolt. She's been darkening and her normal voracious appetite has not disappeared but definitely slowed a bit. Her abdomen is big and fat, too, so I figure she's coming close.

So tonight I was doing some enclosure maintenance and I guess she didn't like it, because she lunged at my chopsticks, threw a threat posture, and wiggled her fangs at me. I had to laugh because in a 1" sling it's really not very intimidating. I thought it was sort of ferociously adorable....

Anyone else have angry-but-cute stories?

windscorpions1

Arachnoknight
Kinda sounds like my juvie albopilosum...when it was about 1.5 inches I came close to getting tagged by it.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Both my P cam slings (1.5") threw me threat postures once, and one of my C. Hatihati slings also did the other day, and he's 1/2".. I also can't help myself to start laughing, it's so adorable :p

GG80

Arachnoknight
The first ever threat posture I got was from my Lp sling when he was only 1". Like you say, it wasn't very intimidating, more funny than anything. I had to admire his courage :).
The same spider was the first to actually strike at me also. I was rehousing him at 2" and he wasn't a happy camper at all. Again, it was kinda funny.

tisha

Arachnopeon
A 0.5" M. balfouri sling wanting a little hug! :)

And a C. darlingi who wants a piece of my finger during rehouse.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
My G. pulchra sling... It was 1/2" and one day I decided to touch its palps to which it responded with a slight lift, but definitely not a threat posture. I started tapping the area infront of it, it caught my finger with her front legs and palps and latched onto it. I lifted my finger slightly and because it was holding strong I lifted it too, after which I saw it spreading its fangs and trying to sink them into my skin, but I quickly lowered my hand on my bed and pushed it with my other hand. The little guy is now around 2" and growing haha A man-eating pulchra.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
LOL, that darlingi is preciously vicious, Tisha. The Luggage was somewhere in between your balfouri and darlingi.. not about to fall over like the latter but definitely more fang showing than the balfouri.

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used to have a King baboon sling 1.25" the little guy would not only throw a threat pose but actually give a little his when ever you were cleaning up his mess in the cage dang cute the hiss scared one of my buddies one time though funny to watch a full grown man jump from a little spider.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I wish I had a sling that would threat posture -- totes adorbs!
Mine just bolt, the little cowards!

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
My 2" L. difficilis and my 0.5" N. tripepii slings do this every time I touch their enclosures. With how fast they all grow I'm going to have to rehouse them all soon - can't wait to see how that goes. ;)

Surprisingly, one of my A. metallica slings regularly threaten me when I open up its enclosure. It also attacks the water droplets I drizzle into its web for drinking. I think it might be trans-species. :biggrin: