Lithobius centipedes like hardboiled egg.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
So, I experimented with the food I feed my pedes. I'm assuming my alternans is in premolt, as its appetite has been getting progressively degenerative over the last two or three weeks, and this week it's been burrowed in the same spot since underneath the water bowl and refused my food offers. My polymorpha pedelings are pussies that are scared to try new anything, so I didn't really see much feeding from the eggs, but when I gave it to my culture of Lithobius pedes, they loved the egg so much that large pieces you wouldn't have expected they could drag were scattered all throughout the enclosure! I will have to try to get some photographic evidence tonight with my other piece of egg. It seems like they got most rambunctious with the egg whites and not the yellow yolk

Ripa

Arachnobaron
So unfortunately I can't really get much photography without scaring them off, but here's the best I could get so far.
IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg

So yea, anyways, purpose of this thread was to try and demonstrate how generalist centipedes can be. I hope to get some imagery of my alternans eating, and hope to try the same with my newcoming pede in the future (so close yet so far away!)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
My forficatus are hardcore and wont accept eleodes larvae unless they're at least the same size as themselves haha

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Ripa,nice tip!
By the way,who will your next pede be?
heros castaneiceps. Hopefully if everything goes swimmingly, it will be at my house by Wednesday/ Thursday.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 11:10 AM ----------

My forficatus are hardcore and wont accept eleodes larvae unless they're at least the same size as themselves haha
Haha, that's what I actually tried first. Mine just eat crushed roach parts and eggs now. Seems they like dead better than live.

DVirginiana

Arachnopeon
lol Never kept pedes (centipedes that is; plenty of millipedes) long term but the hard-boiled egg really reminds me of my planarians ('adopted' them from a bio lab). Never had a problem with anything carnivorous taking eggs.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Scolopendra do too, not all the time, just now and then and they tend to not fill up on it.