On Average How long does a 2.5 inch Tarantula Specifically LP last in premolt for.

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
Hey,

You can see my question directly from the title so i guess you understand, my LP has recently went into Premolt, by recently im saying about like 3-4 weeks. thats when i got her. The person i bought it from told me that he fed it 3 days before i bought it from him, so im guessing it went on into premolt from there. How long will it last in premolt for on average? its around 2.5 inches

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Hey,

You can see my question directly from the title so i guess you understand, my LP has recently went into Premolt, by recently im saying about like 3-4 weeks. thats when i got her. The person i bought it from told me that he fed it 3 days before i bought it from him, so im guessing it went on into premolt from there. How long will it last in premolt for on average? its around 2.5 inches
I don't think there is an "average." It depends on how much they'd been eating before, the nutritional content of the food, how warm it is, the humidity level, the vagaries of biology... some spiders will be in premolt a day, some for months. Sorry... that's just an unanswerable question.

baijuncheng

Arachnopeon
I agree with bloo, there are so many variables to consider that it is practically impossible to say how long. It could be a few days or it could be weeks, even months.

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
i guess i'm just going to have to wait for him to Finally emerge from his Burrow that he Blocked up one day and see him Freshly Molted :D

scott99

Arachnoknight
Hey,

I wouldn't worry. I have LP little bit smaller than yours, he in premolt too.

cold blood

Staff member
How long?

I'd say definitively between 1 and 150 days. If you're in that range, you should be a-ok;)

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, so last night. i offered my LP a Super Worm, and let it in there for a whole night till next day, and when i woke up, the super worm was gone. The super worm was dead, because i smashed its head right before i offered it and made sure there was no movement in its body. I have noticed that my Tarantula's upper section of the fangs, has like a red outline. does it mean that it ate the super worm? Do Tarantula's leave something out of the superworm as evidence?

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
One of my LPs always molts a day or two after showing signs. LP number two enjoys my suffering and stays in premolt for up to two weeks.

To many variables to give you any average more detailed than colds. Be careful not to feed him to soon after the molt as it may warp there fangs.

cold blood

Staff member
Hey guys, so last night. i offered my LP a Super Worm, and let it in there for a whole night till next day, and when i woke up, the super worm was gone. The super worm was dead, because i smashed its head right before i offered it and made sure there was no movement in its body. I have noticed that my Tarantula's upper section of the fangs, has like a red outline. does it mean that it ate the super worm? Do Tarantula's leave something out of the superworm as evidence?
If the worm was dead, yes, then it was eaten. Sometimes if the head isn't crushed good enough, they can recover, but if you say it was dead, its probably been eaten.

Sometimes there's evidence, in the form of a bolus, but sometimes there's not much of anything left, other times the t just hides it really well, some even bury it.

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
If the worm was dead, yes, then it was eaten. Sometimes if the head isn't crushed good enough, they can recover, but if you say it was dead, its probably been eaten.

Sometimes there's evidence, in the form of a bolus, but sometimes there's not much of anything left, other times the t just hides it really well, some even bury it.
well i noticed something strange on my Tarantula's Fangs. like the part that is near its eyes. There is like some red outline there. i was about to take a pic of it but when i opened the lid the T ran back into its burrow.

BTW my tarantula, turned so agressive the last 2 days. it would run around and it would raise its legs at the paint brush/ me.

does this show like any signs?

---------- Post added 04-24-2015 at 02:31 PM ----------

oh and about that worm.. i smashed its head till 90% of its head was off its body.. a tiny string was keeping it from being diconnected

Last edited:

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Their mouths and parts of their chelicerae are typically pinkish/reddish. You sure that's not what you're seeing? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Lasiodora_parahybana,_chelicerae.JPG

Paintbrushes should be used ONLY when you really need to move the spider, like say off the water dish because you need to refill it. If you are using it for any other reason, all you're doing is stressing your spider out. Who was it that said "leave the t be!"

If you gave dead prey and it's now gone, your spider ate it.

StuffedOrange

Arachnosquire
Their mouths and parts of their chelicerae are typically pinkish/reddish. You sure that's not what you're seeing? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Lasiodora_parahybana,_chelicerae.JPG

Paintbrushes should be used ONLY when you really need to move the spider, like say off the water dish because you need to refill it. If you are using it for any other reason, all you're doing is stressing your spider out. Who was it that said "leave the t be!"

If you gave dead prey and it's now gone, your spider ate it.
the part of the fangs im talking about is the part near the eyes of the spider. like near the top of the head. they are not really the fangs. its just what the fanmgs are connected to.