Moving with ts

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
Within the next month or so I will be moving to another city apx 120km (7X miles) away. What is the best way to pack or move my ts to a new location? The majority of the driving (110 km) will be highway driving.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Stick them into smaller containers with slightly damp paper towels. Pack them all together in a box so they don't move. I leave the ones with large webs in their enclosures though. Moved 300 miles like that last summer. Avoid leaving them in the sunlight like the plague. They can overheat fast.

gobey

Arachnoknight
How about moving 30 minutes.

I was going to just pack the enclosures tightly so they don't move around. I only have 6 in large enclosures. The rest are slings in deli cups.

Maybe I'd only take one or two at a time even

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
7 miles? I would personally just leave them in their enclosures, pack them nicely in a cooler, and go for it. As for the bigger ones, the cooler isn't an option, so just blast your AC while you're driving. I moved across the country (over 1,200 miles) during the summer this way. Like others have said, avoid the sun, but 7 miles is nothing. I buy my tarantulas from a breeder that's 10 miles away every time I get a new addition lol

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
7 miles? I would personally just leave them in their enclosures, pack them nicely in a cooler, and go for it. As for the bigger ones, the cooler isn't an option, so just blast your AC while you're driving. I moved across the country (over 1,200 miles) during the summer this way. Like others have said, avoid the sun, but 7 miles is nothing. I buy my tarantulas from a breeder that's 10 miles away every time I get a new addition lol
I'm guessing they meant 70 miles (120km). The advice you gave would still apply though.

Good luck.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Lol....CLEARLY not 7 miles, as 120km was the distance given.

When I clicked on this, I assumed that it was the older thread...with the exact same name and question from this past fall.

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
Lol....CLEARLY not 7 miles, as 120km was the distance given.

When I clicked on this, I assumed that it was the older thread...with the exact same name and question from this past fall.
70 something. X is my variable so it 7x as I don't know the exact amount.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
And I definitely didn't help with the American stereotype of not knowing the metric system :laugh: Not going to lie, I saw the "km" acronym and just skimmed right over it. But yeah, 70 miles still isn't too much. Air conditioning, my friend, air conditioning.

cold blood

Staff member
And I definitely didn't help with the American stereotype of not knowing the metric system :laugh: Not going to lie, I saw the "km" acronym and just skimmed right over it. But yeah, 70 miles still isn't too much. Air conditioning, my friend, air conditioning.
Lol, you also must of skimmed over the part where he lives in Ontario....not the Mojave....so for him its heat in the car, not A/C.:wink:

I do agree that 70 miles isn't much...little over an hour and you'll be done.

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
Lol, you also must of skimmed over the part where he lives in Ontario....not the Mojave....so for him its heat in the car, not A/C.:wink:

I do agree that 70 miles isn't much...little over an hour and you'll be done.
It will likely be neither. So to confirm sling stay in the delis. Adults move into delis?
Also anyone have a suggestion on how to move a chameleon

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
When I moved with my bearded dragon (26 hours total of driving time, yikes!) I packed him into a smaller, flatter enclosure somewhere I could check on it but it was still cushioned and secure, and where it wouldn't get too hot. I believe I folded a towel in there for traction so he wouldn't go sliding all over the place on the curves. Whenever we made a stop, I would go check on him to make sure he was okay. Comparatively, you're not going too far, so a similar method would probably work?