Stuck in warehouse.. Will survive?

Felidae

Arachnosquire
I'm a bit nervous...
Till now, my "spiderposts" always arrived in 3 days interval.
Now I have a pack (sent around 100h ago) with some 1L Avicularia, stuck in a warehouse and seems I cannot get them before the weekend (so.. next week..). The weather not really bad, but still not warm.
Will they survive?:o_O:

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In March had a diversipes survive 17 days lost in transit. He was packed perfectly and still plump. Ate the instant I transferred him to his new home.
If he is healthy and packed well he can survive barring extreme conditions. I wouldn't test the theory out if you can avoid it but sometimes the unavoidable happens. Good luck.

cold blood

Staff member
"spiderposts"???

When I post its instant :? lol

I assume you mean a shipment?

Best of luck, no sense worrying as there's absolutely nothing you can do unless you're willing to locate and break into the warehouse in question.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
"spiderposts"???

Best of luck, no sense worrying as there's absolutely nothing you can do unless you're willing to locate and break into the warehouse in question.
Lol, language barrier. Europe calls mail "post" :)

Hope your shipment is ok! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a happy outcome.

cold blood

Staff member

Never heard that one...makes sense though as its from the post office.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
heat is more of a killer than the cold (unless its extreme cold) its 40's here in ny and I received boxes with no heat. The weather man told us it was going to be 50-60 and when i got the package it was like touching a dead body (ice cold). Every sling was 100% and they are still fine to this day.

Dont sweat it I would assume they would be fine. But things happen I agree with cold blood there is nothing you can do unless your up for some good ol fashion B&E.

Good luck.
-Thomas

Felidae

Arachnosquire
"spiderposts"???

I mean spidermail, spidershipment.. Whatever :)

Thanks! I hope too..

heat is more of a killer than the cold (unless its extreme cold) its 40's here in ny and I received boxes with no heat. The weather man told us it was going to be 50-60 and when i got the package it was like touching a dead body (ice cold). Every sling was 100% and they are still fine to this day.

Dont sweat it I would assume they would be fine. But things happen I agree with cold blood there is nothing you can do unless your up for some good ol fashion B&E.

Good luck.
-Thomas
Thank you! Just I hope the sender did a good work with the package, and they'll not arrive dry like potato chips.

The good ol fashion B&E not a bad idea...

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep, and over here it's delivered by the postman (or 'postie' as women also do that job).
Two countries separated by a common language haha!

Good luck.

killainstinct

Arachnopeon
This last December my spidey spend around 6 days in the warehouse, I was also worried to death.

The sender had done an excellent job in packing everything appripriately. She was absolutely fine and in perfect health. It's just a case of wait and see hopefully your T will be fine.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If properly packed and the temps are mild, they should be fine. The one concern I have is that the containers have adequate ventilation. Some people ship using vials, straws, and other small containers with no airholes, and delays can be fatal. I've had people send me slings in straws with no airholes, which is a gamble.

Felidae

Arachnosquire
The second time I receive slings from them, and the first time was perfect the package. Small film boxes with humid paper inside, holes in the top, all of that in a styropor box cover with aluminum foil, around firm newspaper bedding.

I hope will be okay, but with 1. Instar slings 7-8-9 days in transit... I'm not sure...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Its also called a postal service ;) but the again nowadays ig we have been ruind in us with fed-ex (which its only legal way to ship a T legally, so ig its not post its express, federal express ;) lol)

Felidae

Arachnosquire
That's what I call packaging skill!
All of the 11 slings arrived alive and in good condition few hours ago. Shipped 10 days ago.
I'm happy :happy: