Parabuthus transvallicus pallidus

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I made up the name haha. Interesting? I've been through several generations over here and some light colored ones have popped up over the years. I will try to breed two light colored ones if I have a pair. Is that racist?, aren't you tired of that. I don't know if it's genetic or not but I'm betting it is. This one is a newly molted male and will darken some but not much imo. I'll post another pic in a week or two after it's hardened up, I might need to be reminded, I don't go here like I used to.
DSCN1561.JPG

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oooh :) Very nice! I have a brown one my friend has given me to care for. Her young do look lighter in coloration thus far!

And if you ever want to part with this one, let me know. :) I would trade heavily in your favor! (Or buy outright)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a light brown female also but one more molt to go, then I'll breed and I could sent a light male over. Maybe it's genetic with light colored ground cover in the native area somewhere that would help the blend in, who knows.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a light brown female also but one more molt to go, then I'll breed and I could sent a light male over. Maybe it's genetic with light colored ground cover in the native area somewhere that would help the blend in, who knows.
I've got 4+ females, sounds good :) It's probably similar to what my friend found in Tityus ecuadorensis (I believe it was), and he had a lone white female. Most of these variations dont get copied along, but I think we could give it a good shot! Let us know how that pairing goes!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been getting a light colored one in around 1 out of 20-30 over the years. I just never took the time to hook two of them up. I just took the time to check the other 3 light brown ones so it looks like there are two male and two female light colored ones over here but 3 are taking their time molting to adult. All the light colored ones have molted late compared to the dark ones, wonder what's up with that. The others(70 or so) from the same brood matured a year ago.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Very Cool !!!!!! I remember seeing all black P transvaalicus many years ago around the same ratio you're getting light 1's
Might be genetic or could be a fluke but nonetheless it's worth attempting to pair 2 light colored specimens to see what happens
Keep us posted and again Thanks for posting your awesome scorpion !!!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, very cool discovery!

Were you able to pair that light colored male with a similar looking female or with your light brown females?

Do you have an updated photo of that male at the top of the thread after post molt hardening?

David