My Photogenic Rosie

Aether Bunny

Arachnopeon
This is Ailin (Spanish spelling of Eileen), my rosie. There are many like her but this one is mine :biggrin:. I estimate her to be 3-4 years old based on her leg span (about 5 1/2 inches). She has a laid back, almost friendly personality and has never met a cricket she didn't like. These photos were taken around 3 months after her last molt so the colours are quite nice IMO. So without further ado here she is:

Ailin 4.jpg Ailin 5.jpg Ailin 6.jpg Ailin 7.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
She's beautiful. :) you might be interested in knowing that she's actually a Grammostola porteri, rather than a Grammostola rosea. That doesn't matter really as far as the fact that she's yours and you clearly like her. :)

As far as her age goes, she's probably considerably older than three or four years old, like more like maybe 8 to 10 since they are a very slow growing species. At 5.5 inches she's likely mature and they take that long to reach maturity. The good thing though, at least if she IS a she, which I think she is since I don't see any tibial hooks, is that this species is also very long lived. She could like another 20 to 25 years more in your care.

Thank you for sharing her with us. :)

Aether Bunny

Arachnopeon
She's beautiful. :) you might be interested in knowing that she's actually a Grammostola porteri, rather than a Grammostola rosea. That doesn't matter really as far as the fact that she's yours and you clearly like her. :)

As far as her age goes, she's probably considerably older than three or four years old, like more like maybe 8 to 10 since they are a very slow growing species. At 5.5 inches she's likely mature and they take that long to reach maturity. The good thing though, at least if she IS a she, which I think she is since I don't see any tibial hooks, is that this species is also very long lived. She could like another 20 to 25 years more in your care.

Thank you for sharing her with us. :)
That's awesome, I had no Idea. I was wondering though as her colours are a bit different to all the other grey colourforms I've seen, now I know why. Thank you very much for the reply.