Pretty Green Visitor

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Look what my hubby caught for me! It's a beautiful bright green spider. He rescued it from the windshield of the truck when he went on his donut expedition. We photographed it and let it go in the garden. Any idea what it is?

Here's two top views and a bad ventral shot lol. I think it was maybe 3/4 inch dls
image.jpg

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
Look what my hubby caught for me! It's a beautiful bright green spider. He rescued it from the windshield of the truck when he went on his donut expedition. We photographed it and let it go in the garden. Any idea what it is?

Here's two top views and a bad ventral shot lol. I think it was maybe 3/4 inch dls
View attachment 136129
Im no expert at all but that looks like some type of linx spider to me. I might be wrong so maybe wait for more replies. Hope i helped!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Hummus, the one I had here doesn't have the black spots on its legs though, could it be a juvenile?
Not 100% sure. Thought I saw some faint spots on the legs, my mistake. Without the black markings on it, and the brownish color near it's eyes, it can be a Lyssomanes viridis. Need some better pictures tho.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Not 100% sure. Thought I saw some faint spots on the legs, my mistake. Without the black markings on it, and the brownish color near it's eyes, it can be a Lyssomanes viridis. Need some better pictures tho.
Ok, I looked up this species and this is exactly what my little specimen looked like so likely that was is. I wish my hubby would have let me keep him lol.
Thank you Pampho. :)

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Looks like what I've always called a Green Lynx Spider. I don't know the scientific name, though.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Looks like what I've always called a Green Lynx Spider. I don't know the scientific name, though.
You can tell at a glance. Lynx:zoom, salticid:bounce. Lynx's like to keep a grip on things.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Nope! Salticid. Lyssomanes viridis! Note the orange markings on the top of the carapace. In Peucitia, the orange color is on the front of the carapace. :)

Beautiful species!