Help me what does this beetle eat?

JeromeTabuzo

Arachnobaron
This is a strongylium erythrocephalum beetle raised them from larvaes to adult as larvae they feed on Fallen tree twigs. As adult i dont know pls help!! Can they feed on vegetables and also how to make them breed.
Substrate I used for adults : larvae substrate(frass of larvae , cocopeat) i added cocopeat too and some crushed logs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's a tenebrionid, so vegetables should work as a food source. As long as they have more of those twigs to lay their eggs in, you should be fine.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
They will probably eat dog food as well, I am keeping combclawed beetles, another tenebrionid, which supposedly eat leaves in nature, but in captivity they will eat dog food. And I agree with pannaking, if there is rotten wood in their container they should lay eggs in it. Very nice beetles, by the way! :)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They will probably eat dog food as well, I am keeping combclawed beetles, another tenebrionid, which supposedly eat leaves in nature, but in captivity they will eat dog food. And I agree with pannaking, if there is rotten wood in their container they should lay eggs in it. Very nice beetles, by the way! :)
Ah yes, can't forget the dog food :) All mine really seem to love that!

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Try damp, rotting wood or pre-soaked wood ear fungi sold in asian markets as herbs.. my resort house restroom is filled with these beetles during rainy season lol

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Try fresh white button mushrooms. Many fungus-loving tenebrionidae will eagerly accept these, as agaricus mushrooms quite widespread in various countries all over the world.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What are your thoughts on bracket fungus and turkey tails, Smokehound?