Some Sp. Red appreciation.

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
So after many months of wanting a little Euathlus Sp. Red, finally stumbled on a sub adult for £25 (around 35-40$, along with a Brachy Klaasi for £35), female too. Now I'm not one to handle but as soon as I popped the lid to check on her she was taking a stroll. Did give her a handle (was hard not to lol), absolute sweetheart, so calm docile. Nice to know the reputation does indeed fit ours.

Roosterbomb

Arachnopeon
Lol my euathlus is the same way she's such a mellow girl I could just scoop her up. I'm not into handling my Ts but with her it seems she always ends on my hand if my enclosure stays open. I used to think she was unhappy in her enclosure

killainstinct

Arachnopeon
Same here guys.

I actually thought the same as rooster that my T was unhappy in it's enclosure. But a few people have said they do like to move around a lot. And without fail everytime it climbs up and out whenever the enclosure is opened.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The joy of owning this species is that they simply no signs of being scared in any way. Which would be why T's kick hairs, threat-pose, are really skittish or bite even. The most these do is huddle up like "Nooo...leave me be, pretty please?" otherwise they're simply to curious to not allow them to walk onto you if they walk out by themself. It's probably the only species that have unintended handling lessons with somewhat regularly. Although I don't handle any of my others.