Do you find that a burrower who is half way out of the burrow must be hungry?

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not eager to overfeed my H. lividum, but it's mid day and she's half way our of her burrow, legs outstretched. I just fed her yesterday and can feed her again, but I wondered if others have observed burrowers coming out half way even in broad daylight. I don't want to toss in food simply to aggravate her.

Thanks.

Edit: Picture of specimen. Little dark, sorry. hlividumoutofburrow.jpg

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
Usually if they are out they are hungry. In some cases if they are wandering around out of their burrow, something isn't to their liking. Yours sounds like normal behavior and if you really want to feed her more she will eat it or if it irritates her she will kill it. All of my burrowers come out and they usually are hungry, sometimes they come out to do some remodeling; if she is working then I wouldn't feed her though. Of course having their legs out a bit probably also gives them some sensory information to help them keep a feel out for predators or prey. If I rambled and sounded vague just go ahead and feed her and if she doesn't want it then take it out.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That's how I can tell mine (terrestrial and arboreal) are hungry: when they're at the mouth of their retreats or out and around the cage at night.