Ready, set... molt!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I don't have a particularly large collection, but I'd say 14 is a pretty good number. It's because of this that I'm impressed with just how many molts I've had this month. Out of my collection, I've had seven either molt or get ready to molt. My juvie Hapalopus sp. Columbia, my P. irminia matured into a beautiful female, my G. rosea is in heavy premolt (the first tarantula I got two years ago who has never molted), my C. cyaneopubescens finally is showing the adult coloration, my B. albopilosum sling is in very heavy premolt, my P. murinus molted again, and my A. chalcodes put up a massive do not disturb sign.

Note that out of that list, only two entries were slings. The rest are either mature, ready to mature, or well into the juvenile stage. This is the first month that it's been overly warm, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Definitely the most active month I've had in this hobby, by a long shot. This is even more exciting for me, because I've never had large tarantulas like my rosie and chalcodes molt. But I know what you all are interested in - here are a couple of the more interesting pictures.

My A. chalcodes has been digging for weeks, and I knew what was up. Though, I didn't quite expect this.
20150430_092939.jpg

20150430_092949.jpg

I posted this thread a little while ago, and several people said my rosie was getting ready to molt. No way, I said. Well, she emerged recently, and she's clearly in heavy premolt. Good call.

20150406_234628.jpg

20150406_234702.jpg