THE cutest email

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
As most of you know by now, I traded OldHag my blondi female, for a designer-colored Leopard Gecko. For me, it was a good trade as, my Asthma is fairly bad, and my blondi gives me Asthma attacks. Besides, I've ALWAYS wanted a Leopard Gecko in the orange spectrum, as well as one I can handle.
As well, she wanted a blondi. Kaja (my blondi), is close to 8 inches, now, and quite plump. For those of us who have never had a blondi, we usually start with a sling, and gradually get used to its size and girth.
Poor OldHag..she was shocked with a nearly full grown female. {D
And now, the subject line. She sent me a email, letting me know she got there safe and sound. After reading the email, I was in such fits of hysterical laughter picturing what she was describing that, my stomach got sore. Here's the email. ( i hope you don't mind, Michelle)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She got here!! She's still alive and looking great!! Still has a bit of an attitude even! I took the tape off and opened the container in her new enclosure and she promptly began to kick hairs!! I put the lid on and ran!! She's now gotten out of the container and is wandering around her enclosure looking for a suitable hole. Still hasnt found the "premade" burrow I made for her.
Shes HUGE by the way!! and VERY pretty!! '
Im going to pack up the woman and send her off today! Let me know when you get her. :D

Thanks again
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace, light & eternal love..
Gillian
)0(

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
I know..it made my day. :)
Gillian
)0(

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
lol...yeah, i had to laugh at that but i'd prob do the same thing. My lil A. Seemani is the biggest T i've seen (very limited exposure)...can't imagine one TWICE as big!

spot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my Asthma is fairly bad, and my blondi gives me Asthma attacks.

Gillian, if you don't mind my asking, do you have other ts? I ask because I also have asthma, am new to the hobby and am planning on buying my first ts in about 2 weeks. do your other ts give you asthma problems? thanks.

spot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
continued....that first part was supposed to be a quote, but it didn't work!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
edesign,
This particular t? Her legs are just about as thick around as a Bic pen. The freakiest part (if you aren't used to it), is that, her fangs drag the ground.. :eek:

spot,
If its cage cleaning time, I wear a mask. The others don't bother me much. Blondis and apophysis have the most irritating bristles. I tried everything, and couldn't work around my blondi. Even if I don't inhale them, it would still bother me. As you probably already know, Asthma isn't just triggered by inhaled irritants, allergic agents can trigger an attack.
So, if her bristles got in my skin, I was done for.
Gillian
)0(
p.s., on an off-topic bend, what do you take for your Asthma? I'm on Singulair & Advair 500/50.

spot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you are right about allergies causing asthma. the worst thing is I am allergic to my dog!! she is old and sleeps on my bed, I can't kick her off. anyway I love her.
for my asthma I use advair, and sometimes albuterol. it seems like lately I need the albuterol more and more often. I tried singulair but it made me feel weird. the doctor said that's unusual but I didn't like it so I stopped.

I am looking at getting some docile spiders like a curlyhair and a pink zebra beauty. I have been wanting a t for so long, I hope I won't have too much trouble!

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My daughter, Xanadu has severe asthma, but doesn't seem to have any alergy reactions to the tarantulas we have here. Its probably one of those things you find you are alergic to after having one. Of course they don't test you for alergy reactions to tarantula "hairs".

Sharon

spot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
most doctors would probably look at you cross-eyed if you told them you had ts, lol! I'm glad to know you have no problems, here's crossing my fingers I will not be allergic!!

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hope so too Spot! What tarantulas were you planning on buying? It seems that with each T, I itch from the hairs of certain ones more then others. I even have some that I don't react to at all. Some of mine do not even kick hairs when they are disturbed or held most of the time. I have been thinking about getting a T. blondi, but keep thinking about the hairs on them that I've heard are worse then other tarantulas. Of course if I had a blondi, I wouldn't be holding it.

Sharon

spot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will probably be getting a female curly hair, and a golden knee sling and maybe a pink zebra beauty sling. maybe an a. henzi, too. something like that. I can't wait! what kind do you have?

Gillian, I am new to message boards-I didn't mean to go so off topic with your post! but I was really interested in possible asthmatic reactions so thanks for letting me ask about it!! :) :) :)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
spot said:
Gillian, I am new to message boards-I didn't mean to go so off topic with your post! but I was really interested in possible asthmatic reactions so thanks for letting me ask about it!! :) :) :)
spot,
Welcome..:) And, no worries..:)
Gillian
)0(