C. Fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump) Help!!!

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

My little Tiger rump has a broken leg but it doesn't seem to bother her.
I think it must have happened during her previous molt because she can't fall very far in her enclosure.
I am just wondering if it will affect her in any way and will she have this manky leg forever?
20150501_172811.jpg
20150501_172908.jpg
20150501_172952.jpg

skippydude

Arachnobaron
If it bothers her she will remove it her self. It should regenerate next molt. As long as there is no fluid leaking it shouldn't be a problem.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
If it bothers her she will remove it her self. It should regenerate next molt. As long as there is no fluid leaking it shouldn't be a problem.
+1. Broken legs happen all the time. that's why they have 8. Luckily, they know how to handle them. Leave her be and she'll take care of it if necessary. And they have that super amazing ability to regenerate 'em.

SunTiger1

Arachnopeon
thanks for the replies guys!
I was just worried about the little one

cold blood

Staff member
Bury that "hide" to make it more suitable.

If it is cardboard, it needs to go....I can't really tell if it is cardboard or not, just throwin' it out there as it breaks down easily and attracts mold as it absorbs moisture from the substrate. If its not cardboard, disregard;)

I agree, in the grand scheme of things one leg is like you or I having a hangnail.;)

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi everyone!

My little Tiger rump has a broken leg but it doesn't seem to bother her.
I think it must have happened during her previous molt because she can't fall very far in her enclosure.
I am just wondering if it will affect her in any way and will she have this manky leg forever?
View attachment 136254
View attachment 136255
View attachment 136256
Your fasciatum looks very small for the enclosure that you have it in, what size is your enclosure? Not trying to be rude but if your enclosure is to big you need to keep your spider in a small enclosure and the height of the enclosure is another factor adding to the the other stuff that you have in the enclosure that is close to the sides. That might be the problem why the leg is messed up.

Jose

tisha

Arachnopeon
Bury that "hide" to make it more suitable.

If it is cardboard, it needs to go....I can't really tell if it is cardboard or not, just throwin' it out there as it breaks down easily and attracts mold as it absorbs moisture from the substrate. If its not cardboard, disregard;)

I agree, in the grand scheme of things one leg is like you or I having a hangnail.;)
I think it's corkboard, though I wouldn't use it whether cardboard or corkboard.
I used to use cordboard in my C. faciatum tank and it grew mold.
I now use coco pots in my cages, no problem so far.

As for the topic, I agree with the other, don't worry about a bad leg. :)