Flaking and Scabbed Abdomen on G. pulchripes...

Pbhughett

Arachnopeon
What is this? This guy was perfect just a couple of months ago after his molt. Now his rump is flaking and looks like a scab. He's not in molt, as he is recently mature. He has never flicked hairs that I've ever seen. It's something else. Any ideas? Can it be treated?

Thanks!

Attachments

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
What is this? This guy was perfect just a couple of months ago after his molt. Now his rump is flaking and looks like a scab. He's not in molt, as he is recently mature. He has never flicked hairs that I've ever seen. It's something else. Any ideas? Can it be treated?

Thanks!
Is it oozing or crusted? From the photo it just looks like a bald spot, which are pretty common.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I've had bald spots on my G. pulchripes look like that and he's always been fine.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Looks that way to me too, Blue.

May i recommend "Head and Abdomen" shampoo? Helps rid T's of dry, flaky scalp and gives them luxurious urticating hairs.

Oh great.

Changes "Number of days without goofing around" back to zero.

But really. it looks normal as long as there is no crustiness or fluid leakage, as Blue said. :)

Pbhughett

Arachnopeon
Not oozing. Just keeps flaking more and more. Ill try the shampoo idea. Thanks all!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Not oozing. Just keeps flaking more and more. Ill try the shampoo idea. Thanks all!
Please don't try to shampoo your t!!

Tim was joking about that. Honestly it just lookjs like a bald spot.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Yeah don't try the shampoo thing, bad idea... looks like a normal bald spot to me too

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Ugh! here is an instance when a gag could have disastrous results. I figured that "Head and Abdomen" would be a dead giveaway, but I really regret this one!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Ugh! here is an instance when a gag could have disastrous results. I figured that "Head and Abdomen" would be a dead giveaway, but I really regret this one!
Hopefully he didn't run off right away... I'd be laughing histerically if it weren't for the thought of some poor T sitting in a bowl of water with head and shoulders suds all around him. Poor thing. I'm sure op was joking too right? Surely NO one takes jokes seriously?

cold blood

Staff member
Hopefully he didn't run off right away... I'd be laughing histerically if it weren't for the thought of some poor T sitting in a bowl of water with head and shoulders suds all around him. Poor thing. I'm sure op was joking too right? Surely NO one takes jokes seriously?
Watch him come back with spectacular results from the shampooing...hehehe

It does look like a bald spot, but the abdomen does appear to be slightly starting to become sunken, like its dehydrated. Does it have a good water source?

Its a MM, just find him a female and let her decide if male pattern baldness in a MM is sexy or not.;)