Heteropoda davidbowie eggsac hatched (5/5/15) with pics

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I checked my female davibowie with an egg sac last night a little past 12am to see 2-3 babies crawling out. Snapped a couple shots before it became a mess with a ton of babies. They are very small, but I think they would be able to take fruit flies very well... I checked it again this morning and I thought I would have 100 at most. Turns out I was wrong. I think there's at least 200..... It is going to take hours getting them individually housed. IMG_2851.jpg IMG_2856.jpg

Laurens

Arachnopeon
awesome !! when do you start feeding them ?
I've had a eggsac of H.venatoria, they are all molted to first instar, but they do not accept fruitflies yet :)
curious about your experience

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Nice! How long did it take from laying of the sac to the babies hatching? What size are the slings?
I'm trying to get my hand on this sp. this summer and if all goes well I'll try breeding them. Not that much info on breeding true spiders around I've noticed.

BerleyQubed

Arachnopeon
wow I haven't seen this species before but I'm already in love! Really cool spur you have there (Spur is spider) ;)

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
awesome !! when do you start feeding them ?
I've had a eggsac of H.venatoria, they are all molted to first instar, but they do not accept fruitflies yet :)
curious about your experience
I'm not sure when.. This is my first time keeping this kind so I'm pretty new. I think once I get them all housed, I will wait for about a week then give them fruit flies. They seemed to have molted once in the sac. What was your experience?

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 11:47 AM ----------

Nice! How long did it take from laying of the sac to the babies hatching? What size are the slings?
I'm trying to get my hand on this sp. this summer and if all goes well I'll try breeding them. Not that much info on breeding true spiders around I've noticed.
The eggsac took about 4 weeks. The size I would say is about 9mm going horizontal. There isn't much on these guys yes. I have two right now. The other looks female and is bright orange. Wish I could breed her, but don't have a male.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats! That's a really neat species. Can't wait for my slings to get larger!

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats! That's a really neat species. Can't wait for my slings to get larger!
Thanks! :)

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 01:19 AM ----------

Gonna be selling them?

If so PM me
Yes I plan on selling them once I separate them all out and they start eating. I will let you guys know when I plan on doing that. But I don't know if I want to ship just yet as I don't really have the resources. Maybe for wholesale.

Laurens

Arachnopeon
yes I understand thebugfreak :) Im pretty new to breeding Heteropoda too ;)
Mine are less than a week molted to first instar so after the second molt I'm gonna separate them and try feeding them with fruitflies.

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes I understand thebugfreak :) Im pretty new to breeding Heteropoda too ;)
Mine are less than a week molted to first instar so after the second molt I'm gonna separate them and try feeding them with fruitflies.
Hey those look awesome! Thanks for sharing that with me. Good luck with your babies! I'm going to have to face a pissed off mom and fast babies. I did not separate the sac from her.

Laurens

Arachnopeon
that's gonna be a fun job....:p I pulled the eggsac out a little too early ( embryo's ) but there were a few eggs with legs already ;)
I remembered mom holding the sac tight with the palps and she wasn't planning on letting go for sure ;) good luck

TheHonestPirate

Arachnoknight
Im trying to expand my true spiders. I only have two locally caught spiders and want some more exotic looking ones.

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To give you guys an update, I finally found the time to start housing these guys individually. Took me hours to just get about half of them housed... I have roughly 250 so far until I ran out of little cups. I think I will have at least 400 by the time I'm done. I don't have time for this.. haha.

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to update you Laurens on the feeding, mine took pinhead crickets and they haven't molted yet. I will try to get small fruit flies and feed them and will get back to you on that.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I have no issue taking some off your hands, I used to breed trues all the time when I was a kid and would like to get back into keeping them again.