a few questions about keeping emp groups

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi all,
i have a few questions about keeping emperor scorps communally (in a trio) that i just can't find the answers to :)

if 1 was to moult before the others, and become substantially bigger than the others, would i need to seperate that 1 to avoid the others becoming lunch? or would making sure he/she is always full be enough?

if i was to end up with 2 males and 1 female, would i end up with the males fighting for the female? or would they get along prety well, with only the occasional scuffle, which i expect any way.

what are the chances of 1 being eaten by its fellow "friends?"

if 1 is going into moult, what will the other emps be like around it? will they leave it alone to moult? or will the pester and even attack it and eat it?

thanks in advance for your advice,
dan.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
all depends on the individual, some may eat newly moulted scorps, some dont, but generally they dont..

size difference ist that much of a deal in emps, provided the larger one is V well fed

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ScorpDude said:
hi all,
i have a few questions about keeping emperor scorps communally (in a trio) that i just can't find the answers to :)

if 1 was to moult before the others, and become substantially bigger than the others, would i need to seperate that 1 to avoid the others becoming lunch? or would making sure he/she is always full be enough?

if i was to end up with 2 males and 1 female, would i end up with the males fighting for the female? or would they get along prety well, with only the occasional scuffle, which i expect any way.

what are the chances of 1 being eaten by its fellow "friends?"

if 1 is going into moult, what will the other emps be like around it? will they leave it alone to moult? or will the pester and even attack it and eat it?

thanks in advance for your advice,
dan.
If there are enough hiding places the scorpion that wants to moult will genrally find a secluded one and moult there, the freshly moulted exoskelton is very soft and its surprising how easily it can damaged, so its important to kae sure its no josteled by other scorpions, whethere they are trying to eat it or not.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Most times all emps will get along fine when moulting.

However, some are just evil, and it's better not leaving the evil one with the others.