Black Phase P.met?

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
My P.metallica has been black with almost no blue on her since I got her 6 months or so ago.I assumed she would molt out and be blue.This is not the case.She's just finishing molting,so I'm not going to make her pose for a pic yet,but she is black.Only a little blue on her knees.She almost looks like a black and white pic of a P.met.She just hit 6" with this molt,so I doubt she's old or anything like that.So,I guess my question is "what's up with that?" I'm going to be looking to sell her after she hardens up,because she's my last OW spider in a NW T room,and I want to be honest with the buyer,but I don't know what to make of this??
I will post some pics when she is ready.

awiec

Arachnoprince
If I recall correctly female P.metallica naturally "black out" as they get older, some females may just darken quicker than others.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
It seems there has never been a true conclusion to this question. Only guesses and people assuming they know what's up.This is definitely not an old T,she's not full grown.I will post pics as soon as she is ready,right now she's still by her molt,not moving,I don't want to bother her.The Duke rules!

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
They all darken up with age, some moreso than others but they all loose that brilliant blue overtime.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
some are dif from others. theres a few members here who have freshly mature [within last molt or 2] p. met fems who are almost have no blue. including Austin.. idr who else has them tho but its a unique thing i think

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This lady molted in Feb of this year. She is only pushing 4 years old

But after introducing the MM for several weeks, it triggered a molt. I haven't seen her out, but as soon as she is, I'll grab some pictures. It's killing me to see what she looks like now.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
This lady molted in Feb of this year. She is only pushing 4 years old

But after introducing the MM for several weeks, it triggered a molt. I haven't seen her out, but as soon as she is, I'll grab some pictures. It's killing me to see what she looks like now.
always love seeing the purples on this girl! and isnt all blue so big plus to me lmao ^_^ <3 *must has her! lol*

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
At 6 inches she's big/old enough to be a "black morph".

Later, Tom

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
She started showing her blue again after her molt.I guess it's just a P.met thing.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine molted a few weeks ago, finally decided to come out for a roach. She has more black than prior to molting IMO.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Be happy - the contrast was always stunning to me. And I've yet to get a P. mettallica...still like P. subfusca "lowland" way more for some reason... :sarcasm:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Be happy - the contrast was always stunning to me. And I've yet to get a P. mettallica...still like P. subfusca "lowland" way more for some reason... :sarcasm:
And I've always, for the life of me, have wanted a low land. LOL. They are awesome looking T's as well.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
And I've always, for the life of me, have wanted a low land. LOL. They are awesome looking T's as well.
Indeed they are! Sadly the one I got as a sling molted into a MM within a year. Oh well...at some point I'll get another :)

truecreature

Arachnoknight
They all darken up with age, some moreso than others but they all loose that brilliant blue overtime.
That's a shame, seems to be a common curse with blue herps and inverts - that blue doesn't stick around.

awiec

Arachnoprince
That's a shame, seems to be a common curse with blue herps and inverts - that blue doesn't stick around.
My Thrix is still quite an intense blue but I'll have to agree that in general the blue is lost over time.