my Holothele Incei communal

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well thought I post how my colony is doing.I have noticed that either the 2nd or 3rd generation are second in star now.fathered by not a reIative .have to say I get more enjoyment out of them than most the others I got.I have let go probably 20 out of there over the last year or so to members here.still many all different sizes,1 mom is out gathering crickets for her babies and she did just that ,brought in her web made sure they where stunned and dropped in web, and the babies came a running lol.couldnt get a pic of that just looking through a tiny window.this pic doesn't do justice on how it really looks but you might be able see a few spiders out and about :). I'm wishing I would have started it in a 20 gallon now not a 10, but I'm going add some more wood to the pile

Attachments

Drache

Arachnosquire
Thanks. Those are very high on my list, and I appreciate every bit of info.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. With all that webbing sure it's not a Female GBB in there [emoji6]

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thought i tell little more about how the new babies are getting long with the older siblings.seems they act a lot like a smaller kid does around bigger ones trying to take stuff away lol. I witnessed one 1-1/4 sibling trying to run away with its kill ,push one sling out of its nest,but still fleeing to another area cause they where wanting to gang up on its cricket, then there was another sharing his kill with them.it's just like a big ole ant colony now.I havnt seen mom in a while she might be double clutching bigger tank my be needed sooner.little guys are voracious they tackle half grown blatt's disabled a little from what I can tell everybody seems to be getting along good and sharing to a point wish I could get some good pics just caint to much Webb and stuff in the way .

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah it is actually. the one sharing just gave up and let them gang up on the cricket with him one was right there under its fangs dinning others crawling on big brother lol .I looked little bit ago and there was probably 15 or so ganged up on a blatt I disabled and left in web and actually I have seen the bigger slings take from the wee ones to lol

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Yeah it is actually. the one sharing just gave up and let them gang up on the cricket with him one was right there under its fangs dinning others crawling on big brother lol .I looked little bit ago and there was probably 15 or so ganged up on a blatt I disabled and left in web and actually I have seen the bigger slings take from the wee ones to lol
ofcourse! thats how siblings work!! lol if you dont pick on your siblings you may as well not be related ;P

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
ofcourse! thats how siblings work!! lol if you dont pick on your siblings you may as well not be related ;P
SO if can these can be very communal? or are they pack hunters??
Do you need to replicate specific conditions for a Success-full cohabit?

Last edited:

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
you quoted wrong person, lol but yes they are known to COEXIST fairly well ;)
From what I understand, Yes they can be communal ONLY if they are given the right amount of space. If not then eventually they kill each other off.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
From what I understand, Yes they can be communal ONLY if they are given the right amount of space. If not then eventually they kill each other off.
Well i was trying to avoid the C word as alot of people dislike it.. But iv been under the same understanding.. Usually you see 6 or so in 20gals. So makes me wonder whats the Sq in x T ratio needing to be lmaooo

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd be scared to guess how many I have in a 10 gallon tank not counting the new slings

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I'd be scared to guess how many I have in a 10 gallon tank not counting the new slings
Lolol that sounds so aweaome tho... I have a random 55g i dabated on siliconing. Cork on background and trying either balfouri or incie gold ;) but in a way both seem like expensive exleriments if gone wrong o_O

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just the olives are a fun and entertaining communal and priced right 55gal would hold hundreds of the little boogers I have been thinking that is my next size lol.--- if you got 6 legs don't touch the web :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Just the olives are a fun and entertaining communal and priced right 55gal would hold hundreds of the little boogers I have been thinking that is my next size lol.--- if you got 6 legs don't touch the web :)
Nono i like golds better my p.camb is the only olive i nees (olivia is her name lol) but i am a bit more entertained by the thought of M.balf all over a 55 XD and not so much the snall gold "specks"

But a comunal that size does sound superbly fun xF