b albopilosum wierd skin near book lung?

Scrab

Arachnopeon
boop.jpg

was going to sex my cute 2in brachypelma albopilosum when i saw this. everything about him/her looks totally normal and he/she's eating normally (quick and feisty) but I'm just wondering what the heck this is? I've never noticed if there has ever been any injuries but last time it shedded was probably a month ago.
it's tank is 6in by 5in by 6in (LxWxH) with 4 in of eco earth, always has a filled bottle cap that gets over flowed whenever it dries
any input would be appreciated :)

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
That's odd. Could it be a tear from the last molt? Has it been exposed to wild caught prey animals or something that could harbour parasites? Also, it looks female, but I'm terrible with this method of sexing.

Scrab

Arachnopeon
thanks for the fast reply :biggrin:
I'm thinking that its likely a tear but i would have thought that kind of injury would be noticeable or at least make it lethargic for longer than the few days it took to recover from the last molt. Bought it from a reputable local pet store that I'm pretty sure feeds them store bred crickets. I've fed it mealworms , baby dubias, and baby hisser ( all store bought and bred myself). i would post an exuvia picture if it didn't shred it up everytime :cry:
oh and the store clerk said all of their tarantulas are captive bred (cept a. avics and g. roseas)

Scrab

Arachnopeon
its just so close to the book lung :eek: but i'm sure its fine, it puts my mind as ease that no one has said it's something to worry about

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
Looks like a molt oriented injury.
If it ain't leakin now then it's prob fine and healed and should disappear with the next molt