Mm ncf rosea molted and .....

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone , I have had another mm molt and this time he didn't die and looks good for the most part . On 5/5/15 one of my mm ncf molted . His chelicerae and fangs were still a bit stuck underneath him and one of his palms still had some old exo on it . I tried to help him out by removing the exo but he wasn't having it and I didn't want to hurt him so I placed him back in his enclosure and put down a very wet paper towel down on one side of his home and left him to it . I checked on him the next morning and he had successfully removed the chelicerae on the paper towel. I took another good look at the palp which was looking okey except there was still some exo around the lower part of the leg just above the emboli which was fully intact and brand new . The other palp didn't fair so well no emboli at all . A few days later I noticed the palp looking a bit more scraggly and saw that he couldn't move it and it would fold underneath him . There was also a small break towards the top so I removed it . Well he is still alive has eaten and looks pretty darned good for an old guy . Here are a few pics , notice he has no color on the carapace and he went from a very light beige/ pink to very dark .

Attachments

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Congratulations on a successful molt. Is it me or are we as a community seeing more of this post ultimate molting?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Congratulations on a successful molt. Is it me or are we as a community seeing more of this post ultimate molting?
Seems like it to me too , I wonder why especially since the two that molted post ultimate with me are wc males hmmmm...

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's awesome. I had a MM rose hair try to molt after his post ultimate. He flipped onto his back for a few hours and then I guess decided against it and got back up and walked away like nothing happened... Very odd.

--J.Haas

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would like to know if these spiders are still fertile, and if so, how much? do they still spin sperm webs and are their emboli in good enough condition to mate again?

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine died a year later and I never paired him so I don't know but he never made a sperm web after the faux molt ... I think blue Jayes has one emboli left, correct me if I'm wrong blue

--J.Haas

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
I would like to know if these spiders are still fertile, and if so, how much? do they still spin sperm webs and are their emboli in good enough condition to mate again?
The one in the pics definitely can not breed . If the embol were still in tact there might be a possibility that it could still breed but I am unsure . Mine is still alive and doing well .

---------- Post added 05-29-2015 at 02:03 AM ----------

The one in the pics definitely can not breed . If the embol were still in tact there might be a possibility that it could still breed but I am unsure . Mine is still alive and doing well .
I ended up having to remove it due to a break in the top of the palp unfortunately .