Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Ok well this is another T someone just put me on to Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus that's supposed to run upwards of $400+, does anyone know a US breeder that has these for sale yet?

Do any of yall have one and can provide a reputable caresheet?

horanjp

Arachnosquire
Re-posting this from another thread-
http://www.researchgate.net/publica...gmopoeus_Pocock_1899_from_Western_Ghats_India

Articles > 'reputable care sheets'

You would be wise to wait a few years on that species, as tempting as it may be....I'd liken a sling to a $400 (captive bred) snowflake. R2 Exotics produced a batch not too long ago, they focus more on facebook than the boards here. No other news in sight. Never ordered from R2 myself, but I'm sure the search function could help you on all fronts.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R2-Exotics/1414874885425645

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Just wait on it. No need to waste $400 on a sling that might die when in a few years you could likely buy anywhere from 2 to 4 slings.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re-posting this from another thread-
http://www.researchgate.net/publica...gmopoeus_Pocock_1899_from_Western_Ghats_India

Articles > 'reputable care sheets'

You would be wise to wait a few years on that species, as tempting as it may be....I'd liken a sling to a $400 (captive bred) snowflake. R2 Exotics produced a batch not too long ago, they focus more on facebook than the boards here. No other news in sight. Never ordered from R2 myself, but I'm sure the search function could help you on all fronts.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R2-Exotics/1414874885425645
Don't be fooled, they didn't produce anything. All they did was import from Nicolai Pedersen and Henrik Wessel Frank.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't be fooled, they didn't produce anything. All they did was import from Nicolai Pedersen and Henrik Wessel Frank.
Careful with calling names, but this doesn't surprise me in the least. A certain different "breeder" had 3 females with sac miraculously 2-weeks after the P. sazimai news made the round. *sigh*

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Careful with calling names, but this doesn't surprise me in the least. A certain different "breeder" had 3 females with sac miraculously 2-weeks after the P. sazimai news made the round. *sigh*
I'm confused, why should I be careful about naming names? This is common knowledge. I'm just saying that R2 didn't produce anything, all they did was import some.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm confused, why should I be careful about naming names? This is common knowledge. I'm just saying that R2 didn't produce anything, all they did was import some.
Alright, I probably misunderstood you there then, mate. Nevermind.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
I figured as much. Also not surprised. Thanks for clearing that up for us!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Found a $250 sling should I still wait?

Serious question.

We're supposed to make this decision for you? There's so many variables in your personal life, cash/job situation, interest level in the hobby, etc. Only you can weigh all those. How do you decide what to wear in the morning?

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
We're supposed to make this decision for you? There's so many variables in your personal life, cash/job situation, interest in the hobby, etc. Only you can weigh all those. How do you decide what to wear in the morning?
Wait a minute, this guy is obviously impressionable....Yes you should buy 2 and ship them to poec and I :tongue:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Remember they were hinting on FriendFace with photos that they were the ones that were hatching them? :liar:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Remember they were hinting on FriendFace with photos that they were the ones that were hatching them? :liar:
Pretty shady, and I've had quite a few people say they heard they've bred them. Doesn't seem like many people took the bait either way though, and their claim of having the world exclusive on this species also went down the drain pretty fast. From what I hear not many were sent to the U.S. after all. I'll wait for Jason to hatch some, put me on the list buddy ;)

Later, Tom

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
First breeding of this species in the UK happened with slings going for £130 (~$190). Beautiful colouration! Hopefully will become more common place in the hobby over the next few years.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Crazy looking Ts, but still uber expensive. <edit> has slings for $375 right now. Yeeeeow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have two questions:
1-What is the max size you heard of?
2_Is that true that they loose their brilliant colors and become dull with age?
Thank you!! :)

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Bump because I'm also curious how big they get and can't seem to find much info on these guys.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Bump because I'm also curious how big they get and can't seem to find much info on these guys.
5-5.5", theyre a smaller one. Yes, their famous color fades with adulthood, turn a beautiful black with some highlights.

@Austin S. Has some great pictures if you check out his photo thread.

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
5-5.5", theyre a smaller one. Yes, their famous color fades with adulthood, turn a beautiful black with some highlights.

@Austin S. Has some great pictures if you check out his photo thread.
Oh awesome thank you Venom for the reply. I will definitely go check out his thread! :)