Working on sling enclosure

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I Also got an arboreal sling enclosure premade. I just worry my guy will out grow it too fast

---------- Post added 05-24-2015 at 05:35 PM ----------

Perfect! They're fast and have no issues hunting with a little more room.

Re-house once it gets to about 3-3.5".
It's a work in progress. I'm using a dental pick and doing cross ventilation. Any tips?

cold blood

Staff member
They will....My fasciata went from 3/4" to 3+" in just 4 molts and 150 days, molting every 30-35 days....kept warm and fed every 3-4 days.

They grow a lot with each molt, nothing like, say, a Brachypelma.

cold blood

Staff member
Actually I only put maybe 4-6 holes on the lid and I concentrate on the sides. I put two or three rings around the top, and one ring, spaced out more, near the substrate. Too much ventilation on the lid can cause any humidity or "micro-climate" from just floating out of the top.

I also go through the vent holes with a toothpick to open them up just a little bit.

Pokies start out life fairly good sized, 2i they are over 1/2 inch to 3/4"...one molt and they are over an inch easy.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
They will....My fasciata went from 3/4" to 3+" in just 4 molts and 150 days, molting every 30-35 days....kept warm and fed every 3-4 days.

They grow a lot with each molt, nothing like, say, a Brachypelma.
Ugh me and b. vagans have a frustrating history...at least the slings.

---------- Post added 05-24-2015 at 05:42 PM ----------

Actually I only put maybe 4-6 holes on the lid and I concentrate on the sides. I put two or three rings around the top, and one ring, spaced out more, near the substrate. Too much ventilation on the lid can cause any humidity or "micro-climate" from just floating out of the top.

I also go through the vent holes with a toothpick to open them up just a little bit.
OK I'll work the sides now. Who knew dental hygiene tools were so useful in this hobby lol

---------- Post added 05-24-2015 at 05:53 PM ----------

I ended up doing what you said but my lid might need to be changed. I don't think too much humidity should escape. I'll check my humidity after it sits a bit