Green tarantula?

Methal

Arachnosquire
I refuse to believe there are none...We got blues, reds, oranges, blacks, purples and all kinds of other mixes, heck we have a blue and red one called green.

There are green true spiders, green reptiles of all kinds, green birds, heck if you look hard enough i'm sure you could find a green person.

I'd be willing to bet that high up in some forest/rain forest tucked away in a curled up leaf is a hairy theraphosidae - a true tarantula just waiting for someone to go discover it =)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
A few have green tinges, but I'm also surprised that there are no bright green tarantulas, as there are with many other invertebrates (including true species) and small animals. It's the perfect color for camouflage in climates with moderate to high rainfall. Instead, blue is surprisingly common.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe we haven't discovered them yet because they're so well camouflaged :biggrin:

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Someone here (I think it might be viper but I could be wrong!) supposedly has a contact with an all green tarantula that's being described but they can't say the name of it or something like that. Not sure if I 100% believe them but I certainly think it would be cool!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
P rufilata is pretty darn green.
Greens and browns. A few have greenish carapaces. I think what the OP was referring to was grass green tarantulas, head and legs, like some crab spiders, jumpers, linx spiders, etc. Or like katydids, green snakes, and green mambas. Bright green. We have a number of brilliant blue tarantulas, and none so far have an equivalent shade of green.

awiec

Arachnoprince
There are two species of avics that are pretty green but it's more a metallic that you'll only see if you got some light. Thrixopelma pruriens has some green color to the but it's not lime green like some true spiders are.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You guys forgot T. pruriens. I'd say they're pretty greenish - probably the reason for their common name of "Peruvian Green Velvet". Aside that, the hobby E. pulcherrimaklaasi has a form of green instead of blue, too. But right now, I can't think of a completely green T on top of my head either.

cold blood

Staff member
There are two species of avics that are pretty green but it's more a metallic that you'll only see if you got some light. Thrixopelma pruriens has some green color to the but it's not lime green like some true spiders are.
did we?

GG80

Arachnoknight
heck if you look hard enough i'm sure you could find a green person.
Apparently there were. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_children_of_Woolpit
It's an interesting story.

Anyway, back to green Ts, yeah it's unusual that there is no absolute green tarantula found yet but if I was a betting man I'd say that there is one or two species waiting to be discovered.
Whoever successfully breeds the first captive pair of green Ts is going to make a fortune :).

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
E. trunculentus are pretty green depending where they're at in their molt phase.

Methal

Arachnosquire
yeah see though, lots of "pretty green" and "greenish" but I have yet to see Kermit the frog green Sad me is sad =/

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Poec and I have brought this topic up a lot over time.

The most green looking T over all in my opinion is A. sp Kwitara River. There's not another more green out there known to man.