Redecorating P. fasciata...

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So, I've had this one since it was a tiny 1.25" sling and raised it now roughly ~6" after the last molt. For whatever reason however, this T has the very odd habit (for this species at least!) to completely 1. reposition the waterdish into her hidey hole first and 2. defend it until its last breath from the bad keeper that tries to get it back. What the hell is wrong with that T? :laugh:

Kidding aside, I've yet to hear of any other Poecie that does this - is it uncommon and do I have once again an oddball, or do have you Poecie keepers made that same experience occasionally? I'm going to give her a bigger and heavier one now - sick of fighting over the couple she keeps protecting, haha.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Yeah I would probably also just add a new and heavier water dish lol, it's cute though when she's protective over it.. I also have a 5" P. Fasciata female (may be a tad bigger) and I adore her to bits, I find her skittish behaviour quite cute, I see nothing more than a scared spider and then I'm like "naaaaawww", but fast as hell good lord.. otherwise she's a little sweety, never given me threat pose as of yet and I can happily do maintenance as she'll always scurry off to her tube web when there's any disturbance (although i never let my guard down, I do not ever want to get tagged by a poeci) and an awesome eater too.. but yeah haven't seen any funky behaviour from mine :biggrin:

She's my 1st OW and slowly becoming my favourite, very sweet and co-operative girl :p just makes me want more poecis :p

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
My immature male P.miranda incorporated two waterbowls into his curtain. But he's likewise the only Poec in my collection I've seen take an interest in the decor.

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's why I thought. I'm gonna check this one as oddball then, I guess. Doesn't seem that many of the genus behaves like that. Not to mention that this one is feisty like there's no tomorrow! And considering I'll probably have to rehouse her very soon that'll be another fire-exercise for me. :p

I'm just tired of having to fight over the damn waterdish every week, risking to get this one so annoyed that she eventually surprises me and stuff happens. As mentioned before, they're already prohibited to keep in certain parts of Germany and I seriously don't want to add the part I live in to that list.